Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaterial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i believe one of the major goals of this server is preservation and accuracy. in that sense, yes it is worth it to have a vanilla classic server that gets all of the patches and expansions according to the original timeline.
Like I said before, if that is the way they want to do it, that is just fine by me. I'm just thrilled to see Green coming and for the chance to play on a new server.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaterial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i believe one of the major goals of this server is preservation and accuracy. in that sense, yes it is worth it to have a vanilla classic server that gets all of the patches and expansions according to the original timeline.
Once you eliminate human night blindness and casters staring at spellbooks as they med, all attempts to something in the name of accuracy go out the window.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

^not true.
Btw you can change your gamma in the .ini config file to a lower value and the night blindness is there.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Triple health regeneration rate, double mana regeneration rate.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Make a firiona vie rp type server that would be awesome
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

My only hope is that green box will do more to incentivize the casual player at 50+.

Instances would ruin the game, but reduced spawn timers, like 1 day +or - 1 hour for Trakanon instead of 3.5 days would allow for casuals to have a chance.

vox, Trak, and Nagafen are dead within 20 minutes of spawn on Blue Box.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^not true.
Btw you can change your gamma in the .ini config file to a lower value and the night blindness is there.
You can't just say "not true" and make it so, friend. The facts won't let you and the facts are that EQ, at the time period we are playing, had night blind humans and low level casters that couldn't 'see' the game they were playing for a good deal of the time. Those things are not here in p99. That is definitely not classic EQ. The argument of "we're going to do/not do this thing because it is/isn't classic" loses a lot of weight when two of the biggest 'features' of classic EQ have already been removed from the game.

Don't mistake me, I don't miss those things, they were bad game design to begin with. That said, it's not debatable that they were part of the original game and you can't dispute that.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the original blind races were way worse than you can replicate with gamma in the titanium client. Not that I want that back, but if you think lowering gamma is at all similar you probably didn't play back then or didn't play a hum/erudite.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only hope is that green box will do more to incentivize the casual player at 50+.

Instances would ruin the game, but reduced spawn timers, like 1 day +or - 1 hour for Trakanon instead of 3.5 days would allow for casuals to have a chance.

vox, Trak, and Nagafen are dead within 20 minutes of spawn on Blue Box.
Everybody has that one sort of QoL change they'd want above all others. If they caved on one then it would be a chain reaction of player complaints for more. "Not classic" is pretty disingenuous in many ways, but its easy to fall back on for not making too many drastic changes that deviate from the project's goals.

In terms of your point specifically, I think our best hope lies in the total population being split fairly evenly between blue and green. If only a limited number return and actually stick around on green long term, and the populations settled around 600-800ish peak on each server it would probably go a long way for the health of gameplay on each side.

Its hard to speculate how population will go though, there could be 500+ extra return for green and stay long term, green could be too niche and end up very low pop with most blue players staying with their established accounts and the new custom content, or green could be super popular and leave blue a ghost town. I could easily see green being less popular prior to Kunark launch too.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:30 AM
Kobold

nonsense, the fresh start is the reason people play it, it doesnt matter if its a "fleeting moment" or not, there will always be more fresh start servers to relive the experience

people are stuck in the endgame progression mindset and cant wrap there heads around the thought that people would rather relive classic leveling/progression where everyone is equal to start than farm their pointless 30th fungi
Last edited by Kanuvan; 05-06-2019 at 12:33 AM..
Closed Thread