Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People continuously error by taking the population of what they are used to on Blue and attributing it to Teal and Green.

Blue has an additional TWO HUGE continents so there is plenty of room and content for everyone. Classic has three continents, but really only two because there is nothing on Odus.

2.2k for the classic era is way too much. It is not too much for Kunark and with Velious, but too much for classic. There isn't enough room for over 1k. And it would have only gotten worse the higher in level the mass population achieved.
This is what so many people don't take into account. 2,500 people on Blue would be awesome because they can all spread out. But cram all those people into a handful of newbie zones on just a couple of continents and you have a cluster F%#^

I was playing on Sunday when this all went down. When the servers finally came up I logged into green and started looking for a group with my lvl 5 Cleric. I was playing PS4 to kill the time but every 5 minutes I would hit my /ooc Lvl 5 Cleric LFG. I also had the lfg tag on. I finished an entire session of resident evil 2 remake leon B scenario which took me 1 hr 27 min. So in an hour and a half I still had not gotten a group. Then I noticed there was a lvl 8 cleric, lvl 6 cleric and a couple of lvl 5 clerics that had also been LFG during that time frame.

I said to myself too many clerics for too few groups. So even though I had initially decided to stay green I made the leap and went to teal right then and there. I got orc hill group on teal within 15 minutes of being there and we pulled non-stop for three hours. I got to lvl 6 and then to lvl 7 and had more then enough belts to go to BB and do the turn in's which got me to lvl 8 and then some.

Teal on prime time looks good. Teal off hours is where you will suffer. By 2 am there was no one around for me to group with and I had to go solo for a bit. I am hoping that the numbers will even out more over the next few weeks and that a few guilds will move as a group. There is one guild who I saw on teal day one. Kittens who say meow already have a decent presence on teal.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-04-2019, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

BTW, Teal just capped at 736, beating its record from yesterday. It has only been up a little over 24 hours.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW, Teal just capped at 736, beating its record from yesterday. It has only been up a little over 24 hours.
pras the true timeline server, 2nd of its name and rightful successor.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what so many people don't take into account. 2,500 people on Blue would be awesome because they can all spread out. But cram all those people into a handful of newbie zones on just a couple of continents and you have a cluster F%#^

I was playing on Sunday when this all went down. When the servers finally came up I logged into green and started looking for a group with my lvl 5 Cleric. I was playing PS4 to kill the time but every 5 minutes I would hit my /ooc Lvl 5 Cleric LFG. I also had the lfg tag on. I finished an entire session of resident evil 2 remake leon B scenario which took me 1 hr 27 min. So in an hour and a half I still had not gotten a group. Then I noticed there was a lvl 8 cleric, lvl 6 cleric and a couple of lvl 5 clerics that had also been LFG during that time frame.

I said to myself too many clerics for too few groups. So even though I had initially decided to stay green I made the leap and went to teal right then and there. I got orc hill group on teal within 15 minutes of being there and we pulled non-stop for three hours. I got to lvl 6 and then to lvl 7 and had more then enough belts to go to BB and do the turn in's which got me to lvl 8 and then some.

Teal on prime time looks good. Teal off hours is where you will suffer. By 2 am there was no one around for me to group with and I had to go solo for a bit. I am hoping that the numbers will even out more over the next few weeks and that a few guilds will move as a group. There is one guild who I saw on teal day one. Kittens who say meow already have a decent presence on teal.
If it is dying at 2am that's good. It means the neckbeards stayed on green.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Kobold

Its busy but not "i cant find any spawn" busy
Old 11-04-2019, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol the spin on this guy. Person says server is dead except at prime time. “That’s a good thing!!!!”
Old 11-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol the spin on this guy. Person says server is dead except at prime time. “That’s a good thing!!!!”
I was being facetious. But you keep digging there, pal. Eventually you 'll find something![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
2 am on Monday so it makes sense to be low on players as people do have jobs. I work nights mon-thurs so I can play all night as I am used to going to bed between 5-7 am. Green has all the die hards right now I think. The people who need to be 50 by next weekend and get 10 mana stones in the process.

What I like about teal so far is no shortage of mobs. I can solo and have plenty or group up and the puller has plenty to pull. I can't wait till next weekend to see how the numbers look on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Should be fun!
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Teal is slower but not cripplingly slow. There are people to group with, you actually are usually in demand when you go LFG and there are mobs a plenty.

If it goes a couple months and merges back into Green then it's a win for Tealers, who will have a proportionally higher amount of legacy items and general items. Green's massive neckbeard powercorps will hit 35 and start farming manastones faster, but Teal's players will have a lot less competition on that list.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:24 PM
Banned

teal blew past 800 today, there is literally no issue
Closed Thread