Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Well by that logic there was no reason to include removed items like manastone either, which I'd have agreed with them doing. Looking through walls is such a minor thing for gameplay, and probably major for coding. But recharges and MQ would have pretty significant effects and there's plenty of support for nerfing them.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Can anyone link me to a thread where the GMs ruled on someone buying an item off a vendor while another player is attempting to recharge??
Old 12-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

It's okay when casual guilds do this to secure raid kills.

Item recharging should be removed. It should last a month in Velious and not at the beginning. That would be the classic experience, well close, because only a small fraction of the playerbase should be aware of it before it is fixed.

Have you tried being pals with Seal Team? Instead of finding every little thing to freak out about? I've only had a minor dust up with one of them, some troll shaman who was not in a good mood at the time and just wanted to run off and camp the other Spectre spawn. Daltheb, Kbok, Queen Bayleigh and Rahsun have been super nice about everything. They are the prime reason I blessed the first evil eye that spawned before me for Phatezz.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't seem like an exploit to me, just someone using the game mechanics to their advantage

Artelius 50 Ranger
That is correct.

FYI this guy leveled to 50 using wands.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Banned

Go do it then
Old 12-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go do it then
Ok
Old 12-04-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

When someone sells an item to a merchant or drops it they no longer own the item and have zero claim over it. So feel free to buy any wands you see on merchants!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are lots of things on P1999, I would call an exploit:
  • Item recharging
  • Multi-questing
  • Looking through walls
  • etc...

Just to name a few. It is pretty obvious that they were originally oversights or bugs, that just never got fixed. I will bet phat-plats that none of these were described in the original design-document as "features".

Fixing all those would make P1999, a much more polished and consistent game imho.

It is fine that veterans can gain an advantage in the game by in-depth knowledge of game-mechanics, but purposely leaving old exploits open just to cater to the veterans, isn't exactly what I would call good game-design. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The P1999 staff is in a better position than Sony ever was: They are not financially dependent on specific deadlines. They actually have the luxury of taking their time and do things better than Sony, no x-mas deadline and all the bugs have already been discovered. (If only someone would leak the source-code, that reverse-engineering must be superhard...)
Quad Kiting, Root Rotting, FD Pulling, weren't intended by the original developers either. Should we nerf those also?
Sarnak

Yea I leveled 35-50 on Wands solo as a ranger. Who cares? Be glad I wasn’t sucking some poor nobles exp dry by leeching exp with shitty 7/28 delay no haste weapons and a-40% exp penalty. Sorry I found a way to avoid the headache of groups not letting me in bc I’m a hybrid. Sorry for innovating and changing the meta of leveling. Use your brain and potentially you can be good at EQ, too.

Artelius
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well by that logic there was no reason to include removed items like manastone either, which I'd have agreed with them doing. Looking through walls is such a minor thing for gameplay, and probably major for coding. But recharges and MQ would have pretty significant effects and there's plenty of support for nerfing them.
Removing legacy items would be fine with me too. Learning from Sonys mistakes and copy their fixes/adjustments would be a reasonable approach imo.

I would guess(I have no clue how eq works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) fixing multi questing would be much harder than fixing wall-looking. wall looking-fix would be adjusting the near-clipping-plane with a race-specific offset(I think) and probably wouldn't break much?
While multiquesting, would require a rewrite of the whole flagging-system, and "convert" every single quest to the new system, as the quest-progress must be stored per character rather than per quest-npc(thats a fundamental change!!!).
I am not sure If the modern quest system from EQ-Live is included in the titanium-client, ready for use? otherwise they would have to redesign it from scratch? It would still require them to convert every quest to the new system(by hand?) though.

Tbh, given that the original EQ code is such a mess, that even daybreak won't touch it, sometimes makes me wonder, if the best long term solution would be just to rewrite the whole damn thing from scratch. Sounds like something that would take a decade at least... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However the P1999-staff are capable of disabling recharging already, if I understand correctly?
Last edited by Firepuff; 12-04-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Closed Thread