Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 hour per yellow is do-able with all classes. excluding hell levels.

edit: if you're new to p99 and or are starting with zero gear. You probably won't be hitting that mark. For myself and others. we have a ton of prior knowledge about mobs, spawns and p99 mechanics that enable us to gain exp at this rate.

editedit: classes that are less gear dependent can more easily achieve faster exp per hour.
I'm okaying a necro, level 45 now. Not since my early 30's could I get exp like that, even with a good camp.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm okaying a necro, level 45 now. Not since my early 30's could I get exp like that, even with a good camp.
I made some more posts after that one you quoted. level 45 you're looking at esentially 2 levels in 1. it'll be about 10-12hrs + for level 45 in my experience.

I have a 50 necro on green, I managed 5-6 hours per level 46 to 50. It was truly more about the right mob, two spawns and never delaying between kills. within 10-30s of a mob popping I was killing it. I run multiple monitors so I'd keep EQ open on one while I went about my normal irl routine. Using a strict snare/fear/dot rotation I was able to avoid been OOM by the next pop.

I don't share many exp/plat camps because I want to use them for alts or close friends. I've also been on and off P99 since 2010, despite this accounts join date of 2014. So there is many years experience on mobs and mechanics.

ps. Buy two egg timers from the grocery store. When you kill a mob set one to a bit less than the respawn time. The physical object in real life will keep you alert and ready.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-08-2019 at 03:43 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ps. Buy two egg timers from the grocery store. When you kill a mob set one to a bit less than the respawn time. The physical object in real life will keep you alert and ready.
Love this idea!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

I think I could get better experience per hour if I didn’t die all the time.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

As a mage solo I was getting about 35-40% per hour level 20 - 30. 30% or so up to 35. Past 35 it's been hard to beat 20%. I did find a spot today that was about 30%

20% per hour is a good rule of thumb. Remember the cap is 50, it's not a race!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 12-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the informative responses everyone! Helps me realize that higher level people really have just put in insane amounts of time into the game and I’m not missing out on some secret awesome strategy to gain multiple levels quickly. Generally I’m getting around 1 yellow per hour soloing while root dotting with my shaman and doing other crap while I med back to full mana. It’s not so bad but yeah it’s gonna take a while to hit 50 :P. I may go hit up guk around 24 and see if it’s more fun at least haha.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to help the feeling of ticking clock find someone to hang out with and get exp with it goes by faster ( not sure if that's good or bad but it does seem to)
Old 12-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to help the feeling of ticking clock find someone to hang out with and get exp with it goes by faster ( not sure if that's good or bad but it does seem to)
i feel the opposite. suddenly i need to small talk versus watching youtube between spawns.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

On a semi-related note, is the "pet does 50% dmg and takes 50% exp" in effect right now?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a semi-related note, is the "pet does 50% dmg and takes 50% exp" in effect right now?
Yup. It was in at the release of original EQ and was not changed until PoP years later.
Closed Thread