Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Aviak

Default You just joined a group...

and immediately the group leader tells you exactly what songs/spells to use and then repeatedly tells you how to play, when you know what you're doing.

What do you do?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

i post it to my livejournal
Old 12-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Play how the leader of the group tells me to play and not try to cause friction/ argue so the group can succeed.
Since i'm the one who joined it's likely I don't know the strengths and weaknesses of the group as well as the leader does.

Or.. moan and compain. Get into a big argument and petition the leader for calling you a bad word when you and they get into a heated debate about how you're the one playing the class and you know better than they do.
Then come on the forums and post about it, making it clear to the people in that group what your forum account is.

How did I do?
I think I said too many words but im not far off.
---

Post the logs of your argument with the group leader.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-08-2019 at 08:54 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Kobold

i show him my SJW degree
Old 12-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Bait, troll and bring to RnF for laughs?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play how the leader of the group tells me to play and not try to cause friction/ argue so the group can succeed.
Since i'm the one who joined it's likely I don't know the strengths and weaknesses of the group as well as the leader does.
you are slowly bullied into mezzing, charming, pulling, and playing mana song. the healer wont spend mana on you because you have a regen song, and the melees yell at you for not hasting

you do your best, but a mob z-axis pulls from a bridge and half of the zone comes and wipes your group. the leader calls you names, the healer puts you on ignore, and you are in the early stages of carpal tunnel. you lose and everyone involved is ashamed of being involved with you

then one of the teammembers sends you a tell "a-a-are you okay senpai? i think i can make you feel better... if you want"

what do you do
Old 12-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. As a ranger i'm just happy to have been invited. I'm a guest in his group. If he wants me to just stand over to the side and forage for the group, then that's what I'll do.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

As a bard, I don't think I've ever joined a PUG and not been told immediately what to play.

I always thought it's because people see bards as jukeboxes; "play the songs I like!"

I didn't know it could happen to other classes.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 12-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've been in three groups with a bard. Each of the three times, the bard played heal song, or just Selo's, and stood off to the side, while the third bard pulled but still only played Selo's or Hymn.

The first two bards I requested they should be playing Hymn, Self Haste, Party Haste, and Chords if they want to add some damage. One bard only did it after i asked three times, and then still wouldn't melee (they weren't using a lute, either). The second bard never did it at all, but did start meleeing while playing just one song. The third bard who was pulling said "No I can't" but because they were pulling I just let it go. In all cases, I just gave up trying to get them to play more songs (and offered to explain it to them if they wished, I am always willing to be helpful)

This was pre 20. It is no wonder when people think bards are garbage in a group, when they are amazing and can do pretty much everything. Too bad there are just more lazy bards than not.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are slowly bullied into mezzing, charming, pulling, and playing mana song. the healer wont spend mana on you because you have a regen song, and the melees yell at you for not hasting

you do your best, but a mob z-axis pulls from a bridge and half of the zone comes and wipes your group. the leader calls you names, the healer puts you on ignore, and you are in the early stages of carpal tunnel. you lose and everyone involved is ashamed of being involved with you

then one of the teammembers sends you a tell "a-a-are you okay senpai? i think i can make you feel better... if you want"

what do you do
Tell the group I have to afk then log into the forums and shitpost in RnF till the group sends me tells or kicks me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread