Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF is west world and why do i care?
It was a somewhat cheesy 70's movie that I recollect mostly for having Yul Brynner playing a killer robot character that might've influenced The Terminator a decade later. Basic "be afraid of technology" disaster movie: Someone builds amusement parks staffed by robots, robots proceed to go haywire and kill the human guests. Wasn't a particularly good flick even by 70's standards so I'm surprised to see its name pop up on the forum here.

With respect to a Norrath-themed version of such an idea, you can take your 10 foot tall spiders and keep them. You want me to take on a tarantula that's the size of a garage, you had best give me a tank, not a flippin' sword.

Danth
Old 12-12-2019, 04:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF is west world and why do i care?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-12-2019, 04:07 AM
Fire Giant

on a more serious note West World, the modern HBO version is a retake on the Original Theme with some deep philosophical components and taking pot shots at the development of AI, Self Determination, Evolution and the original fear of Machines overtaking us.

Though a slow burner of a show, it has some interesting aspects, with classical HBO quality and some nice performances.

The Idea of the Labyrinth aimed at Androids to self-determine and be "free" alongside Humans that behave like robots is quite interesting.

I have mixed opinions on the show, much like most of the stuff HBO has created recently trying to re create its success with Game of Thrones, but failing badly.

On HBo Lately, The Watchmen series is too artificial, to the point of making in my opinion West World look as the best thing after Chernobyl lately.

I only watched Season 1 of West Wםestworld and was left deeply underwhelmed, believing they could have done more , as the script seems weak.

But that is me, it has a nice following though.

But again I am pretty critical of tv shows, to the point of being obnoxious, so take my review with a grain of salt.

On OPs request and idea, It would be great!

Having a Theme Park in the EQ style would be great, I would enjoy a lot of things, but not because of Everquest but due to the experience of being able to do all kind of things to the droids without remorse 8)
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 12-12-2019 at 04:14 AM..
Closed Thread