Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Someone mentioned the Licanius Trilogy, I liked the first two books. Enjoyed the Malazan series, although sometimes it was just way too over the top for me, I liked a lot of the characters though. Ravens shadow series was ok, last two books a little of a let down. Stormlight archive has held my interest.

I was going through a ton of audio books for a while, but currently trying to finish The Brothers Karamazov and I think it kind of killed my momentum hah. Also trying to go through the cycle of arawn.

I, Claudius, American Gods, Never Split the Difference, Lawrence in Arabia were other books I liked recently.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:07 PM
Kobold

I finished Foundation I and I understand what people like, but also find it dull. It's like the Simarilion, but with no interesting attached stories. Also psychohistory is hard to swallow. It's like mega-sociology, but with math and stuff I guess. And that's the whole premise the story leans on to work.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you need to listen to Realmslayer.

Brian Blessed is Gotrek. The dude punched out a polarbear IRL.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, perhaps I will, will try to look for him right now thanks to the magic of the intertubes haha

EDIT>

OMFG! WOW I LOVE IT!

https://youtu.be/HWAu7CQK6Wg
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 11-20-2019 at 07:01 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, perhaps I will, will try to look for him right now thanks to the magic of the intertubes haha

EDIT>

OMFG! WOW I LOVE IT!

https://youtu.be/HWAu7CQK6Wg
Isn't it just the most perfect casting of all time?
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was going through a ton of audio books for a while, but currently trying to finish The Brothers Karamazov and I think it kind of killed my momentum hah.
I get you 100% ... anything classical is honestly a path into boredom only a bit more interesting than camping a manastone in green right now on a single account without people warming up the list spot logging in your account and you being forced to avoid sleeping.

Mighr I suggest you try more modern literature? haha.

Super big hug to you[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 11-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't it just the most perfect casting of all time?
It really fits, I must agree 100% amazing recommendation.

Makes me wanna go read all the Gotrek Novels again.

I really loved the ones by the original author WIlliam King, subsequent ones lacked some of the punch , the ones by Nathan Llong, but still it was Gotrek and I loved them so much.

Seeing Gotrek, Felix and Teclis in the same spot battling chaos was quite interesting to be honest, as I am a bit of a Warhammer fanboi, not of the tactical game but the RPG one, love the story and background.

You really need to be a rich person to actually play Warhammer, such an expensive hobby, but the RPG material they delivered during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition of the rpg game was, and is , SUPERB alongside the fluffbooks.
[center]
Old 11-20-2019, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Three Body Problem

Cixin Lui

Thank me later
Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just finished up the Three Body series! Currently on second reading of Malazan.. also just started the LightBringer series.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Three Body Problem

Cixin Lui

Thank me later
This ... this looks interesting ...

I just finished reading Forever War and was pleasantly surprised, I might be coming late to it, but honestly my backlog of anything good to read is too big, starting Forever Peace now.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I only decided to start reading in earnest in english a few years ago when I got a kindle and well, if my exile has worked for anything good in my life is giving me ample time to read and surf the net finding books.

This thread has helped me add some interesting books to my queue which slowly grows bigger every day.

Also I have to confess to everybody here CALIBRE is like ... wow, so amazing.

https://calibre-ebook.com/

I heartily recommend it to everybody , its so simple to organize your virtual library, have a backlog of over 300 books, and I go through only a handful of books per monthso it keeps growing bigger.

Glad to see fellow readers here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 11-28-2019, 10:38 PM
Banned

Living Water: Viktor Schauberger and the Secrets of Natural Energy
Closed Thread