Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah top setups on the list:

1. SoD/SoD (or combinations including 1)
2. Feverblade + red epic
3. Epic 2h
4. Frostreaver tied with Willsapper and red epic

Of note, Frostreaver (my primary workhorse) and Epic 2hs will suffer disproportionally if you get slowed or have torpor as the majority of 2hander threat comes from white damage potential. For Frostreaver the white damage is 80% of total threat potential.

For that reason, I'd consider WS/Red_epic functionally 3rd best.
So you think willsapper > feverblade then for the extra AC / HP, or is the extra 5 hate per second worth sacrificing the stats? Just wondering why you left feverblade off your list there in the #3 / #4 spots

According to the spreadsheet, feverblade / nev horn is a good bit more agro than both the 2h epic and the frostreaver, and willsapper / nev horn is almost identical to frostreaver. For stats comparison: Sapper / Horn is +29ac +35hp, Frostreaver is +50hp & resists, and feverblade / nev is just +20ac.

I'm surprised I've never really seen a main tank using feverblade given it's hate per second, do you think that maybe a lot are not aware of how much agro it does, or is it the lack of other stats that causes people to not use it?
Last edited by remen; 11-30-2019 at 10:21 PM..
Old 12-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not to creator or owner of the list. Not sure why he structured it that way.

His listing at the bottom is subjective but the numbers at the top are solid gold.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

This was the post I had in mind when saying Infestation was higher threat than Willsapper.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=35

Maybe there was some confusion over how much hate the dot component produces. I have to admit I'm a little unsure of what correct now, haven't been playing my warrior in awhile.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Anecdotal but ive seen epic 2 hander out aggro trident/epic or willsapper/epic many times post 2 hander patch
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anecdotal but ive seen epic 2 hander out aggro trident/epic or willsapper/epic many times post 2 hander patch
The math supports it.

2hand threat is real.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm surprised I've never really seen a main tank using feverblade given it's hate per second, do you think that maybe a lot are not aware of how much agro it does, or is it the lack of other stats that causes people to not use it?
I've been using feverblade since 2013.

It was OP back then, and it still is.

I just like my monk better.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Feverblade used to be absolutely phenominal (outright fucking insane, make shissar look retardedly bad), now it's just best in slot for all but a few people with sod's.

Which is good as now it isn't a server of 'warriors with feverblade, and warriors without' and there being a 20% hate/sec difference. Pretty much use whatever you want now and who cares as its all broken.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feverblade used to be absolutely phenominal (outright fucking insane, make shissar look retardedly bad), now it's just best in slot for all but a few people with sod's.

Which is good as now it isn't a server of 'warriors with feverblade, and warriors without' and there being a 20% hate/sec difference. Pretty much use whatever you want now and who cares as its all broken.
The biggest fallen angel will always be WESS. At 22 threat per swing and 83.48 swings per minute and a ~2k threat proc (4x poison counters + blind + debuff) it clocked in at just under 100 hate per second. The ratio wasn’t great but you never really lost aggro once the first proc hit. Now? 44 threat per second.

Infestation also used to be about 70 hate per second ... about 8.5% better than scepter of destruction. Feverblade was about 84 hate per second.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Lotta great info in this thread, thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was the post I had in mind when saying Infestation was higher threat than Willsapper.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=35

Maybe there was some confusion over how much hate the dot component produces. I have to admit I'm a little unsure of what correct now, haven't been playing my warrior in awhile.
So the post you linked to seems to contradict a lot of the info on the agro spreadsheet posted. I don't really understand the calculations in the first part of his formula there, but the 2nd part of it looks to include the DoT damage from a proc into the agro equation. Do we know exactly how agro works for the DoT component of a proc...does the entirety of it factor in when the weapon procs, or is he projecting the damage from the proc as it ticks as part of the agro equation? If it's the latter, then his calculations aren't entirely accurate as a new proc before a DoT finishes only refreshes the DoT timer, meaning that you won't get the full damage if a 2nd proc occurs before the first concludes. It does bring up an interesting point though that the damage from a DoT portion of a proc should be included into the agro calculations in some way. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been using feverblade since 2013.

It was OP back then, and it still is.

I just like my monk better.
I'm really surprised I have never heard all the praise for feverblade before this thread, all the main tanks I have seen have gone after epic, trident, willsapper, and a bunch of other things...I don't know that I have ever seen someone using the feverblade. Do y'all think it's because of the lack of secondary stats, lack of knowledge about it, or just a stigma against using a VP weapon for main tanking velious stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So with the new proc agro changes, does it make more sense to use something with more HP / AC / resists? In theory, we are grabbing agro on incoming with clickies, and all of the main DPS classes should be dumping their agro throughout the fight, so keeping agro through procs shouldn't theoretically be an issue, although in reality I'm sure some DPS classes don't always remember to dump agro. It does make me wonder though if we could get away with using something like dagarn's tail (25ac 75hp 12/19 ratio and 65dd proc) or even dagas (20ac 100hp 11/21 ratio) in the offhand for their stats and still maintain agro without too much trouble.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

I have dame near all these dumb things... for my War.

best combo for keeping aggro in Riot is Feverblade + jalen's/red epic combo and 2hs Frostreaver > 2hs epic. Will sapper SUCKS at holding aggro off rogs and rangers its streaky at best ill only use it on a slow able mob once its slowed flip to feverblade.

if you get a VP key the https://wiki.project1999.com/Veldrak%27s_Shortblade (one with a stun and fire base dd 179 proc) and https://wiki.project1999.com/Veridix%27s_Shortsword (magic base 179 dd and stun) rot most of the time
those really hold aggro VERY well now a
days

feverblade over infest due to the 4 counters + 110 dd vs 3 with no dd?

i have nevs horn its nice for DPS but the proc doesn't do much any more i cant hold aggro with it.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Last edited by Goodest; 12-05-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Closed Thread