Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior - Crits How do they work?

I’ve searched The wiki and it doesn’t seem to have much to say about Warrior Critical hits and crippling blows beyond that they exist.

My questions:
1. How do critical hits work? Is it totally random based on number of swings, so faster weapons would have more crits (in a given time period) or calculated some other way?
2. Is there a stat that boosts probability of crits or how hard they hit for? I know dex for ranger bow crits, is it the same for warriors? Or possibly strength will impact?
3. Is the max 2x normal max hit (my max is 28 at lvl 14 but I’ve crit for 56) will dex or strength modify this?
4. How do crippling blows work? What’s the story do they do anything special such as extra dmg beyond crits or cause a stun? The text says ”soandso staggers” but I e never had a really good crippling blow so I cant say.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve searched The wiki and it doesn’t seem to have much to say about Warrior Critical hits and crippling blows beyond that they exist.

My questions:
1. How do critical hits work? Is it totally random based on number of swings, so faster weapons would have more crits (in a given time period) or calculated some other way?
2. Is there a stat that boosts probability of crits or how hard they hit for? I know dex for ranger bow crits, is it the same for warriors? Or possibly strength will impact?
3. Is the max 2x normal max hit (my max is 28 at lvl 14 but I’ve crit for 56) will dex or strength modify this?
4. How do crippling blows work? What’s the story do they do anything special such as extra dmg beyond crits or cause a stun? The text says ”soandso staggers” but I e never had a really good crippling blow so I cant say.
I know Dex makes crits happen more often, and it does so more significantly from 70-144 DEX, then drops off sharply from there after 144... but the math? I have no idea.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

I was hoping someone has some additional details or has parsed this, possibly another thread where this has been researched and shared. As of now it seems like a blank space for the warrior wiki we could fill in.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Aviak

Haven’t played p1999 on any more then an extremely casual basis for about a year and haven’t played a warrior since Planes of Power but here is what I heard asking high level warriors about mechanical differences on P1999 when I started here- take this as possibly dated or misinformed 2nd hand rumor/opinion:

1) Crits starting at level 12 are on the same base rate as most weapon spell proc effects or 1 per minute. Halved chance (1 per 2 min) for hits from 2nd hand just like weapon procs. Limited parsing showed little if any variation in proc rate with increasing dexterity unlike weapon procs which will cap around 2 per minute at max dex or roughly 1.5 per minute near around 150-200 dex. (This could change with the era/timeline updates or P1999 blue/green server variance but I personally only remember AAs improving base rate of scoring critical hits)

Higher delay weapons or being slowed will result in a short term increase in crit rate as the game compensated for your increased swing delay by increasing chance per swing of proc chance. Many warriors will claim to notice more crits with higher dex but it seemed to be subjective or within a small enough variance to be random chance. One theory was since crits can only happen on hits while weapon effect procs can happen on misses as well- as your haste rate increases and double attack/duel wield chance increased with levels you are outputting a lot more swings and misses overtime so the procs will seem better short term after a string of misses.

2) str not dex (dex worked on live servers) scaled ranged attack damage, crit or otherwise on P1999 unless a recent patch addressed it. Crippling blows (improved crits) while a warrior is berserking from being under 40% hp increased critical hits damage modifier from a potential x2 to x3.

3) being in berserk state will improve the damage modifier, higher str, attack rating (via higher level skills or buffs) and higher main hand damage bonus all effect the base damage that critical hits multiply.

4) crippling blows also have a chance to cause a short term stun on targets. My memory from back in the day was stuns on about every other crippling blow about equal to chance from slam/bash. This got you a ton of additional threat, and was a great reason to stay as much as possible in berserk state for groups not using Complete Heal. latency and server tick stability was hellish then so duration is hard to say thinking it was closer to a 0.1s interrupt then a 1.5s slam/bash attack. Monsters immune to stuns will be immune to this as well, or most level 55+ or raid targets.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Great information very much appreciated!
Closed Thread