Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Kobold

My bard joined a group on bandit hill in WK last week. I immediately started twisting and melee-ing. After a bit, one of the group members thanked me for twisting. Like, other bards don't twist? I guess they don't. They are giving us a bad name.

Anyway, that was the best group I had been in on green. Great people all around. Makes you regain faith in the game.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Yea most of the really good bards are solo/duoing or are in guild groups it’s always fun blessing a PuG with a constant 4 song twist while instrument swapping lol.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

I typically don't respond in any way in game, while at the same time being super mad irl. Ymmv
Old 12-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and immediately the group leader tells you exactly what songs/spells to use and then repeatedly tells you how to play, when you know what you're doing.

What do you do?
I contemplate the reasons for their requests and if I am still confused by their choices, I politely ask why they want song A over song B?

EDIT: Also, you are obviously under level 32, since you were playing something other than the mana dump.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tend to let people do their thing. But, if the bard is playing really inappropriate songs for what's happening with the group dynamic, you bet I'm going to ask them to play some different things ("DON'T YOU KNOW ANY OTHER GODDAMN TUNE?!?" -- I really hope someone gets this reference.)

Is that Almost Heroes?! I must have watched that movie 50 times since Starz played it nonstop when I was growing up.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and immediately the group leader tells you exactly what songs/spells to use and then repeatedly tells you how to play, when you know what you're doing.

What do you do?
I always solo. That said, I tell the group leader to STFU because I don't need to be told what to do like I am a child. So then the group leader kicks me out of the group that I was never in and informs me I am arguing with myself since I have multiple personalities.

Then I just say well screw you sybil and I continue soloing.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

What do you do?
apparently you go to the forum to ask other people to tell you what to do, again.

it feels like you are the problem buddy, not your group leader.

what do YOU do?
Old 12-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Chances are they know more than you.

Chances are they're also terrible.

Only maybe 10 people in all of p1999 are any good at playing bards, and 5 of them don't play anymore.

So it doesn't matter what you do.

p.s. shadowstep him into lava
Old 12-14-2019, 06:14 AM
Orc

I miss playing a bard but carpal was a real issue for me. I use to walk around holding a cold drink with no intention of ever opening it. I also couldn't pass a fridge without sticking my hands in the freezer for a bit. /melody pretty please
Old 12-14-2019, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

To whomever answered "foraging off to the side" and "Say okay, then promptly go back to playing Jax’s Jig of Vigor while watching cooking videos on youtube. As god intended." - You are the winners.
Closed Thread