Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Large Rat

Default reJoining Blue

Took a break and im returning.. i have a 45 monk but i am bringing my dad / brother / RL friend. I will be making a shaman to lvl up with them here is my question. Is Race that big of an issue? will it hold me back if i choose iksar and loose out on JBB? i am play 12+ hours a day and am disabled so im not worried about anything but end game. Look Forward to hearing from you all!
Old 12-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back. I've heard that Ogres are the min/max choice for frontal stun immunity. That being said most end game shamans I've seen seem to be iksar and barbarian, maybe I have a biased sample.

Are your dad/bro/friend also playing 12 hours a day? If not will you be cutting ahead of them? Might want to consider how you'll be pacing the guy leveling with them and focus power gaming on someone you're free to play whenever. Just a thought. Welcome back again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Large Rat

Tyvm, I figure even if i pull ahead of them on the shaman, i can just sit out of group and heal them, Or i just play sham with them and continue trying to lvl the monk. i appreciate the advice! And thank you I'm excited to be back!
Old 12-13-2019, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

JBB isn’t all that good tbh. Especially if you grouping. If you want Iksar go Iksar. Ogre is best race for Shaman but can’t go wrong with troll or Iksar either.

Cisco 60 Ogre Shaman
Old 12-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremlok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Took a break and im returning.. i have a 45 monk but i am bringing my dad / brother / RL friend. I will be making a shaman to lvl up with them here is my question. Is Race that big of an issue? will it hold me back if i choose iksar and loose out on JBB? i am play 12+ hours a day and am disabled so im not worried about anything but end game. Look Forward to hearing from you all!

edit: crap, there's a 4th. Oh well, do whateva.

(Was going to suggest all iksar necro / monk / shaman)
Last edited by kjs86z; 12-13-2019 at 08:52 AM..
Old 12-13-2019, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Krem you asked me this on my SK in HHK the other day lol.

Play what you want to stare it IMO. Everything else comes second. Jbb probably won’t make much of a difference in your situation you’ll probably be busy doing other stuff in that quad if I remember correctly Being the only healer/buffer.

Troll is the best shaman race IMO in 99% of situations. Regen, jbb, and snare necklace can come in handy. Having a clicky nuke is just too fun IMO to pass up, So I could never play iksar so I think in a way you do lose out if you don’t have it.

Good luck
Old 12-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBB isn’t all that good tbh. Especially if you grouping. If you want Iksar go Iksar. Ogre is best race for Shaman but can’t go wrong with troll or Iksar either.

Cisco 60 Ogre Shaman
This.

I’ve won a JBB on 3 separate occasions, played around with it, but then sold it. In the narrow focus on “end game” ... it doesn’t really have a place on raids where all the good stuff is. If by “end game” you mean high end solo trophy kills it has a place but smart minds have run the math showing that simply using your dots and managing health instead of lots of long chain clicks is every bit as good.

The 2 shamans I’ve personally witnessed soloing Ayliish in WW were Iksar (no JBB/FSI) and Barbarian (no FSI/Regen). Neither used strings ... just their spells and personal skill.

Play whatever race you want. JBB is a toy. It’s useful for sure 45-50 but at the high end it’s overrated.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-13-2019, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: crap, there's a 4th. Oh well, do whateva.

(Was going to suggest all iksar necro / monk / shaman)
Necro/monk/shaman/sk....

You get the OP trio and you get someone with one of the coolest 1hs weapons in the game to show off as a trophy.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

go SK/War/Shm/Shm and everyone runs ogres!
Old 12-13-2019, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go SK/War/Shm/Shm and everyone runs ogres!
4 ogres trying to fit through Unrest, mistmoore or any other "outside" dungeon where shrink isn't allowed. Literally unplayable. Lmao.
Closed Thread