Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 05-27-2022, 06:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hello Green! From Greeg the Enc

Hey all. Just joined a couple weeks back. Been enjoying the game immensely so far. Some things I instinctively remember. Other things had to re-learn. Kind of a strange experience. Certain zones or pieces of gear I have distinct memories of. Others, I feel like Gandalf in Moria - I have no memory of this place.

I rolled an Enc this go-round. Mained a ranger back in the late 90s/early 2000s and didn't want that hassle this time around. I was younger and more up for the challenge back them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Played up through the PoP/LDON era. Did planar progression up to Earth/Air IIRC with some guilds. I was of course a drama llama college kid in '02-03 bouncing between guilds and trying to stay on the bleeding edge of the planar progression at the time. Now I'm on the wrong side of 40 and nobody got time for that. But I would like to get back into raiding content in 2023 if I can somehow make it work with a reasonable person's schedule.

The community has been very awesome and welcoming. Pro-tips, free CR ports, a few clutch pieces of gear hear or there. Dial a Port are true bros. Much respect.

The forums, however, feel toxic as hell. Happy to see not TOO much has changed since '99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stay safe, nerds. See you in the EC tunnel.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it. As you've noted, the forums here are much more worse than how people generally act in the game. That isn't to say you won't get into disputes every so often (usually over camping rights). And then also the end game raiding scene can get toxic and really ridiculous at times if you ever get into that. There are some people who take getting pixels in P99 WAY too seriously and if you ever get into raiding you'll learn which guild those people usually belong to.