Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-23-2022, 12:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tell that to the women and children the cult of bertoxx killed when they poisoned the city water supply for no other reason than to kill the women and children.
Is this legit lorewise? Pretty badass if so.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark Elf Necromancer is your best choice, min-maxxers will tell you Iksar because of the regen. Lizards are hideous and always will be, they looked completely foreign when Kunark originally released. Indeed, one of the first examples of a MMORPG shitting on its existing players by releasing an OP character/race selection to the noobs.
Yeah, it happens a fair amount in MMO expansions from what I can tell. I don't mind Iksar but I think the robes look very silly on them. Just my opinion. SK would be better but the SK gear I picked up in anticipation for trying one at some point is plate.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only played good races on live so I went evil here and it's been fun! You'll learn about vendors you didn't know existed, ways into and out of towns that you didn't know about, new quests etc.
This is mostly what appeals to me. Just a new way to play. I always have played my good/neutral toons from a "good" perspective so playing an "evil" toon a different way will be a new experience.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this legit lorewise? Pretty badass if so.
Yea its why the sewer has that green fog in it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's a legit death cult down there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Evil half elves are best.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-23-2022, 01:57 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it happens a fair amount in MMO expansions from what I can tell. I don't mind Iksar but I think the robes look very silly on them. Just my opinion. SK would be better but the SK gear I picked up in anticipation for trying one at some point is plate.
Just my 2 copper on this. If you are worried about "Fashion Quest" and robes, once you get your lich line high enough for the illusion, you'll be a skeleton more often than not and race/robe/helm/looks etc mean absolutely zero. /shrug
Old 07-02-2022, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

I’d go erudite evil for a unique evil
Experience with a few cool unique quests.

I’m not a Neriak guy though too much neon
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d go erudite evil for a unique evil
Experience with a few cool unique quests.

I’m not a Neriak guy though too much neon
I too would pick Erudite evil over a Dark Elf, Not to mention you never have to leave Warrens / Paineel. You could level up to 50+, and make 100k plat.

Outside of the ultravision never got the appeal of the Dark Elf and Neriak. I always had planned on making a Human Necro, and working out of the Temple of Bertoxxulous in the Qeynos Catacombs. But I mean you will honestly never be there much, far better to just make a level one and explore it.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:24 AM
Skeleton

As an Iksar, being hated by everyone adds more targets to kill. I remember the joy I felt when I was finally able to fearkite Sergeant Slate in WC. I’d take him down every time I ran through that zone as revenge.