Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 03:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How badly was the bandit sash quest nerfed? I have been hunting them and saving them up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I turned in 7 sashes after I left last night at level 10 and got roughly 30% of a level? Quite a bit worse than on Blue. Made over 50pp though!

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 10-30-2019, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now the situation is spawn rates are reset to default, quest xp is still nerfed AND the noobie yards still have 100+ players in them.

If you're behind the leveling curve youre FUCKED and levels 1-8 will take literally 3-4 times as long as they did over launch weekend!
I really don't know what that means. If the quests had not been nerf, the "curve" you are alluding too would have been MUCH steeper, therefore, "fucking" (whatever that means in this context) those behind it even more so.

As it is, I was online when the first 30 popped, when the first JBoots dropped. Those were on, what, day 3? SO WHAT?
Old 10-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Aviak

I don't think these quests were nerfed because of increased spawn rates. The 4 I had been doing on beta didn't require any spawn/kill. They worked for about the first 10 minutes I was online, then I think they got nerfed when the staff realized how fast ppl were leveling off quests.

The pick and choose approach to classic features is kind of lame imho, but I sucked it up and sat on a beetle spawn for the next couple hours and moved on.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

I don't want to speak for the staff, but I think this change is being filed under 'ensuring classic experience'.

The classic xp quest people did on live was Tumpy Tonics. Anyone given them a try? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2019, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I understand from their point of view of increased spawn timers just put more pressure on those turn ins.. Wonder if people are hoarding these things to lvl alts in the future if they turn the xp back on
A bunch of turn ins which have no increased spawn time were also nerfed.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't know what that means. If the quests had not been nerf, the "curve" you are alluding too would have been MUCH steeper, therefore, "fucking" (whatever that means in this context) those behind it even more so.

As it is, I was online when the first 30 popped, when the first JBoots dropped. Those were on, what, day 3? SO WHAT?
The spawn rates are now completely default but theres still over 100 ppl in the noobie areas making
Old 10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yraapt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think these quests were nerfed because of increased spawn rates. The 4 I had been doing on beta didn't require any spawn/kill. They worked for about the first 10 minutes I was online, then I think they got nerfed when the staff realized how fast ppl were leveling off quests.

The pick and choose approach to classic features is kind of lame imho, but I sucked it up and sat on a beetle spawn for the next couple hours and moved on.
Now, that I might agree with. There should really have been no reason to nerf non-turnin quests. Anyone has access to those.

However, imagine the line outside the Qeynos Bard Hall, all trying to get report forms? Leanon and Quinlon would have resigned when they saw all of those people rushing at them with forms to fill out.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

I guess I don't really care that much, but I do think it's somewhat lame if the quests were nerfed in general and not as a temporary result of the spawn increase.

One of the things I've always liked about EQ was that you could kind of play it how you wanted. Want to solo or group grind XP from 1-60? Go for it. Want to do some quests to make some of those levels go a little faster? Go for it; Kaladim really thinks the skeletons are overrunning Butcherblock, so they'll reward you really well if you help clear some of them out. Who cares if someone wants to level that way? It doesn't make them a lesser player; it just means that's what they want to do. We all enjoy EQ in different ways and all want to take different XPing paths, and that's okay. Personally, I was never someone who wanted to skip like 10 levels via turn ins, but I did like being able to kill the odd skeleton or something that came across my path while leveling and knowing that I could get a nice little XP boost as a result later.

Just seems sort of against the more open-world nature of EQ and Norrath to nerf things in order to force people to play/XP in the way that you think they should. With nerfing all kinds of quests so that they don't reward much experience at all, Green now just feels sort of linear; i.e. you have to take this path to earning XP or nothing at all.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Just another PERFECT EXAMPLE of the selectively classic experience you can expect here on Green99!

Who knows what theyll decide needs to be nerfed next!
Old 10-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

What a cry baby