Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
9 am on a Thursday. People work.
I logged in this morning at about 7:00 am cst and there was 8 people in GFay.

When I logged out 30 min later there was 15
Old 11-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I logged in this morning at about 7:00 am cst and there was 8 people in GFay.

When I logged out 30 min later there was 15
Sounds good to me.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
9 am on a Thursday. People work.
You can count on the fact that Ultragamma does not work. Aside from a bizarre notion of putting "work" into Everquest.

He even made a new forum account to continue the trolling, likely after he was ridiculed on his other account(s).
Old 11-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Aviak

Bring out Luclin - Make Blue great again!
Old 11-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green feeling super empty above level 15 now. Thanks Teal.
1400 person server feels empty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1400 person server feels empty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like most people are still in starting zone.I know it's bad it's the bottleneck.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Orc

Still seeing people camping stuff on Green and Teal at the same time (self-admitted, assuming they weren't lying) and it's really lame. Pick one and play on it please. Really wish you actually had to choose...
Old 11-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brussel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can count on the fact that Ultragamma does not work. Aside from a bizarre notion of putting "work" into Everquest.

He even made a new forum account to continue the trolling, likely after he was ridiculed on his other account(s).
Not everyone works 9-5 bro, also not everyone lives in America.

Everyone who doesn't share your view is unemployed?

It was a struggle filling groups last night and the night before during "peak time" but please, keep hurling baseless insults at me because I don't think the server split was a good idea and have pointed out the negative effects, you fucking cretins.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Not everyone works, period. Lots of neckbeards can't comprehend that people of certain age have made bank and are trying to enjoy their leisure time.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a struggle filling groups last night and the night before during "peak time" but please, keep hurling baseless insults at me because I don't think the server split was a good idea and have pointed out the negative effects, you fucking cretins.
I think the positives outweigh the negatives. They fixed the main problem for the vast majority of players, in alleviating the extremely heavy saturation in the noob zones. I don't see the split lasting all that long, before the servers are merged.

The numbers also don't seem that far off, with around 1k players at peak time, for a new server in it's infancy.

The big difference here is that we probably had most people join up close to the start, where as back in the day players continued to gradually trickle in on a steady basis. So the split was really the only practical way to make it playable for the vast majority.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Closed Thread