Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Just laughs this link shows how people use to thin low cha helped necros with there charms.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020901...e+Undead&type=

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 11-16-2019, 02:29 PM
Large Rat

IMO, sOlo enchanters were rare in 1999 because of the fear of going ld, which happened quite often. Network connections were not as reliable as they are now.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Seems broken to me but what do I know. I'd suspect it's like Dolalin said that MR checks are too low on ticks on this server, since root (at least in my opinion) doesn't break nearly as often as it did on live either.

I think Daldaen (or someone?) mentioned in another thread that the reverse charming method might not have been possible either, since the xp would be eaten when you kill the first mob. This alone would be a huge nerf, and I'd suspect knock out quite a few leveling enchanters on to other classes.

You'd think that if it was possibly as op as it can be here that you'd see posts about specific encounters, osargen in hhk for one or even other rogue mobs. Maybe there are? If something like this was going on, it'd be pretty outrageous by classic standards. With populations the way they were someone would have seen it and either copied it or posted about it.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:56 PM
Skeleton

Enchanters in their current state on p99 have literally broken and trivialized the content on classic EQ for what its worth. Also I'm sure its been said before, but I hope you guys get used to that. These chanters will be soloing/duoing all the high plat camps from now until the end of velious while your group stands idly by.
Last edited by stakka; 11-16-2019 at 02:59 PM..
Old 11-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters never charmed, nor did groups want them to charm because we went LD everytime our mothers picked up the phone to call the neighbor. Even if you had separate lines, or were wealthy with RoadRunner, you STILL went LD frequently.
This is the most reasonable post in the thread.

There are also obviously a lot of people here who want enchanters nerfed and have figured out that "it's not classic!" is the P99 equivalent of "it's not balanced!" for a commercial MMO.

Charm soloing in 2019 is a lot harder and more frustrating than people are making it out to be in this thread. I'm sure it was even worse in 1999 on dialup connections. It's also very powerful and rewarding.

Nerfing away everything powerful and difficult will eventually turn this game into WOW, where instead of meaningful class choices you have 11 different colors of the exact same gameplay.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Aviak

I never really cared about how OP they were until that green naggy kill, that SINGLE imp protector who didnt break once the entire engage and did half the raid dps triggered the fuck out of me lol
Old 11-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Aviak

In official patch notes why does it say "Charm is immediately removed from charmed NPC's when the character that charmed them casts invisibility"

Were enchanter not able to break charm with invis prior to this time?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2002-1.html
Old 11-16-2019, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm soloing in 2019 is a lot harder and more frustrating than people are making it out to be in this thread.
It's really not, because If it was it being broken wouldn't be as large an issue.

Everyone is abusing it now.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In official patch notes why does it say "Charm is immediately removed from charmed NPC's when the character that charmed them casts invisibility"

Were enchanter not able to break charm with invis prior to this time?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2002-1.html
This is a huge find
Old 11-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

#we'renotclassic