Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Old 01-08-2022, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Default Consider classic

Hey folks, just testing out the waters here. I had the idea to start a completely closed, classic guild. It’ll be quarantined from the not classic elements of this our glorious server like high end gear, accesss to wikis, and rushing to endgame

The point of this guild would be to truly experience classic Everquest as best we can on the server. Invites would require your character to be newly made. No twinking, no hand outs from hyper rich pals or kindly adventurers throwing pity pixels at your half naked ass. Your tarnished short sword and patchwork leather armor will carry you til you can get some brass to drop. Tradeskilling would be encouraged, as this would allow us to make things without relying solely on dropped gear. We would enjoy the true spirit of the game. Adventuring for adventures sake, not sitting in one spot for an entire level bracket, pulling nonstop to grind with glazed over eyes while the wizard watches netflix and the cleric goes afk mid fight to let their dog out. We would delve into level appropriate dungeons or zones, constantly crawling and seeing what we can see while appreciating and then killing the local fauna.

The game, fundamentally, was about exploring, adventuring, and having fun with friends taking on challenges together and overcoming obstacles. If you want a fast track to endgame and OP gear on your level 2 rogue, go play WoW or live eq.

Anyway, I’d love some feedback from the community. If I can get enough people interested, I’d love to see this happen and form a band of top quality pals that can depend on each other and adventure side by side
Old 01-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk
Old 01-09-2022, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Message me when you plan to start, sounds like a blast.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjenson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Message me when you plan to start, sounds like a blast.
Will do! Might get it going tonight if we can get a couple more people on board
Old 01-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

We need 3 more people to petition for guild creation, IS THERE NO ONE ELSE
Old 01-10-2022, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Not so new an idea: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=255352

Who is the contact person?
Old 01-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwulf58 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not so new an idea: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=255352

Who is the contact person?
Thanks for the bump chief
Old 03-28-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Did this ever get formed? I am also looking for a classic only no twink guild.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:23 AM
Fire Giant

try something new, k thnx.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

This is Auld Lang Syne, except for the no wiki access part.

And yes, it was pretty amazing to level up with friends, questing all those quests that people don't do anymore and going out to earn all of your upgrades. I loved going from rusty weapons to snake fangs, to getting my first magical weapon drop from a Lesser Blade Fiend in Unrest, to doing my Burning Rapier quest before getting some of the Kunark weapons, culminating in doing my Epic.

I loved exploring Najena, Befallen, Sol A, Kedge, Droga and Siren's Grotto with other at level guildies. Doing my epic entirely in guild with a motely collection of level mid 50's and a 60 necro was the highlight of my P99 gaming experience.

Green server kind of killed most of the leveling activity and population in guild though, as the majority of people who wanted this kind of experience could get it there. We have a small group of mostly level 60's who stuck around that do raiding as part of the Aegis alliance, and an occasional smattering of new people trickling in for a bit or someone running an alt in guild. Without an active group leveling up though, its a very different experience that when I joined.

Perhaps the time has come to try and put together a new cohort interested in questing their way up together.