Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2022, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't you anti rotation in most of this thread?

Explain your opposition to me now. 😛
Your idea is bad. I would love to see someone have a good idea for "competitive rotations", but it is highly unlikely to occur, due to the antithetical nature of rotations and competition.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your idea is bad. I would love to see someone have a good idea for "competitive rotations", but it is highly unlikely to occur, due to the antithetical nature of rotations and competition.
You haven't explained why it's bad, you one-note liar bird 🦃
Old 05-24-2022, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't explained why it's bad, you one-note liar bird 🦃
I have. Multiple times. You can act silly if you want, but it doesn't make you correct. Just go back and read my previous posts.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:10 AM
Banned

Reiwa is a giant retard, although he's very good at it (being a huge retard)
Old 05-24-2022, 04:13 AM
Banned

Here's my impression of reiwa: "Well how can you know until you do??" *link link link link*

Checkmate.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have. Multiple times. You can act silly if you want, but it doesn't make you correct. Just go back and read my previous posts.
You shouldn't fear Sontalak. Just argue him to death it'll be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reiwa is a giant retard, although he's very good at it (being a huge retard)
Need you in a skirt if you gonna cheerlead bby. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2022, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Great conversation and theorycrafting, I love it!

However, gatekeeping just to "keep out the plebs" doesn't seem healthy on its own. What if (say) the raid mobs were split in half, and each week/month/quake/whatever one half was gate-kept by who killed that half last period? Maybe you have to have killed at least two (or three, or whatever) mobs.

For instance, let's say Vulak and Naggy are A mobs and and Dozekar and Vox are B mobs. Seal Team kills Vulak and Naggy this period, so next period they (and any other guild that killed 2+ A mobs) can kill the A mobs; anyone who didn't, can't ... let's say Castle in this example. But, Castle can kill B mobs, and they want access to the "B rotation" next time, so they kill two of them.

This would create an interesting dynamic when a quake happens: do you race to get your two kills in the A group, so you have access to 100% of the A mobs next period? Or do you race to get the mobs you "locked in" in the B group ... because they aren't exclusive to you, and other B guilds could take them if you don't?

Now the gatekeeping seems to add something interesting to the equation, and it seems like it would create situations where smaller guilds like Castle would have opportunities created by the bigger guilds "playing the game".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I have an idea.

Start a guild that's made up of people who's sole purpose is to grief raiding guilds, and whoever can actually succeed at downing a mob while that guild exists, gets to down the mob.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have an idea.

Start a guild that's made up of people who's sole purpose is to grief raiding guilds, and whoever can actually succeed at downing a mob while that guild exists, gets to down the mob.
This is the current system we already have.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

If we make a pvp teams server I want a comitment from you folks to help me make an all halfling cleric guild that can naked DA raid greif everyone to quitting.