Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-25-2022, 04:55 PM
Banned

We just had a massive RNF thread detailing how multiple guilds were/are actively abusing scripts to win FTE races for kael giants on blue. A server that has been doing kael giants every week for like 8 years?

Yeah super casual friendly npnp
Old 05-25-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We just had a massive RNF thread detailing how multiple guilds were/are actively abusing scripts to win FTE races for kael giants on blue. A server that has been doing kael giants every week for like 8 years?

So one guild, on one server, got a slight advantage by cheating, on a couple encounters ... and then got caught.

Because of that, casual players can't enjoy any of the scores of other raid encounters? Or even that particular encounter? Seems like sound logic to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:12 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2022, 08:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I kind of feel like you don't have a good understanding of what a lot of people mean by casual raiding. While the definition can be broad it would generally be agreed that it means a person who only has a short amount of time at any moment to dedicate to raiding can still access an acceptable about of raid content. Some things would be unavailable or impractical but not all of it. You won't necessarily have access to BiS gear and what you get will take a longer time to get but it can be done.

Under that definition the fact that some guilds might have done things or some targets are ridiculously impossible isn't a concern. But being able to do a hate raid, or get an epic, or do some mid tier velious raids without dedicating a lifetime to it is perfectly fine.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like your encountered a misunderstanding during your application but never seriously followed up to correct anything which likely all that it was.

If your character had access shared w others (I am just speculating I have no knowledge of your application), this might have sparked initial concerns. I dont recall hearing about any application terminated bc of speculation that anyone is a spy, this seems a bit of a broad stroke.
Wasn't really a lot to it. I was a 20 Ranger at the time just looking for a guild. I thought I'd give Kingdom a shot, as I one day hoped to see some raids and earn an epic, so I joined your discord and sent a message to Shimmerdark as that's what the instructions for those sub-46 said. I honestly just wanted to make some friends and have some people to talk to while I leveled, so that I could know you guys a bit before hoping to eventually raid.

I was basically accused of being a spy, told that it was the "meta" to sneak alts into rival guilds, and was denied entry.

Am still a bit salty over that, and it's sort of led me to understand I don't have a future on P99, and ultimately it is why I'm playing on Yelinak TLP now. But it is what it is, and I will eventually see those raids in a far more inclusive environment soon. Knowing that, the question becomes honest and obvious; what chance does the average person have on this server beyond the barest of the bare scraps guilds like yours is willing to leave?
Old 05-26-2022, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what chance does the average person have on this server beyond the barest of the bare scraps guilds like yours is willing to leave?
It's all a matter of perspective. Recognize this game is loosely-tuned, and there is NO conventional content that actually requires high-end raid loot. My own character (level 60 for going on a decade at this point) wears mostly thurgadin-level equipment, accessible to about anyone, and guess what? Other than a couple of locked zones (Sleeper and Veeshan's Peak) that I don't have keys for, I do the same stuff anyone else does because, again, there's only so much to do in this game and none of it requires "best in slot" equipment. You *definitely* don't need top-end equipment to participate in the giant zerg raids that are the present main way the bigger guilds do stuff. I don't raid much--don't particularly enjoy it or have much interest in it--but still, I've been to the planes, been to all wings of temple veeshan, kael drakkel, whatever. It's there, it's not going anywhere, and you have all the time in the world.

If your idea of fun is being able to set a schedule and log on at 8 PM for pre-planned guild raids to a variety of different places, P99 is not the place for that and never has been. If on the other hand you enjoy the rest of the game you can find plenty to do that isn't heavily contested.

Danth
Old 05-26-2022, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Tadkins has been complaining on this forum for years that he can't enjoy P99 and always its the fault of other players, the server rules, the guilds, the grind and xp curve, his class choices, etc etc etc. Dude is his own worst enemy.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all a matter of perspective. Recognize this game is loosely-tuned, and there is NO conventional content that actually requires high-end raid loot. My own character (level 60 for going on a decade at this point) wears mostly thurgadin-level equipment, accessible to about anyone, and guess what? Other than a couple of locked zones (Sleeper and Veeshan's Peak) that I don't have keys for, I do the same stuff anyone else does because, again, there's only so much to do in this game and none of it requires "best in slot" equipment. You *definitely* don't need top-end equipment to participate in the giant zerg raids that are the present main way the bigger guilds do stuff. I don't raid much--don't particularly enjoy it or have much interest in it--but still, I've been to the planes, been to all wings of temple veeshan, kael drakkel, whatever. It's there, it's not going anywhere, and you have all the time in the world.

If your idea of fun is being able to set a schedule and log on at 8 PM for pre-planned guild raids to a variety of different places, P99 is not the place for that and never has been. If on the other hand you enjoy the rest of the game you can find plenty to do that isn't heavily contested.

Danth
Well no, but it'd still be cool to one day earn some high end loot. Earn something nice that can't just be bought in the EC tunnel, you know? I don't feel like it's ever going to be possible to do that on P99. Assuming I can even get into one of the worthwhile guilds, you've got folks who've been raiding for years and it would probably be a decade before someone like me would even have a chance.

Always been a dream of mine to one day fight Innoruuk, Cazic-Thule and the like. To see the planes, Veeshan's Peak, Sleeper's Tomb and whatnot. It's demoralizing to know that I'm never going to get that chance here.

What else is there to even enjoy? Dungeons that I can never find groups for? Camps that are always taken 24/7? Tradeskills that mean nothing because plenty of others have already cornered those markets? There's no competing against people like Sumetal, and it'd be foolish to try. Working on factions that no one cares about? My human wizard is max ally with the Spurned, because it was all I really had to do. No one really cares.

Seriously, what is there for someone like me in this game?
Old 05-27-2022, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, what is there for someone like me in this game?
I've been able to do what you say you can't do--see most the raid zones, get an epic, etc. Even the two zones I haven't done on P99, I could have if I wanted to and I'm simply not interested enough to bother keying. If I can, you can. Doesn't mean it'll be fast. You've been registered on this board for four years. My Shadowknight was ~6 years old before he completed his epic. That kind of timeframe was acceptable to me but I recognize it isn't acceptable for everyone. If it isn't and you're a lower-hours player like I am, you're right to want to investigate other alternatives besides P99. As a rule, here, you can get stuff fairly quick, or you can be casual, but you can't have both. That was why I favored Blue over Green--I can't advance fast enough to keep up with Green's expected server lifespan. Progression servers just aren't meant for low-hours players.

Outside the raids, don't even try to tell me you can't find high-level group content to do because I know better than that. The wife and I have stuff we can do any time we log in. There are areas, camps, and even a few entire zones that go largely un-used because most players don't want to go off the regular XP highway. You'll need a few friends though. This is very much a multi-player game (well, maybe not for Enchanters), not Warcraft where it's a quasi-solo game until raiding and other people might as well be AI bots.

If it turns out you simply don't like classic EQ all that well, that's fine, but your issue is definitely not a want of things to do.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 05-27-2022 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-01-2022, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

No guild has attendance reqs.

Show up / respond to batphones when it suits you.