Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-25-2022, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Snopes
As you can see, the United States is the only country on the list where mass shootings took place consistently between 2009 and 2015, with the CPRC recording at least 12 deaths annually in that period. In fact, of the sixteen countries that Lott chose for his analysis, only one saw mass shooting deaths in more than two out of those seven years — the United States.
huh, between 2009 and 2015 right after the biggest economic crash of our generation following a major unspoken recession while all anyone talked about on the news was how a terrorist was prsident and then a fascist got elected and also men and woman started hating each other and blaming skin and sex became the status quo I wonder why there were so many mass shootings.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, again loramin with the "hey if you look at this one specific, narrow sample, it's sort of higher in a specific way if you're measuring "mass shootings" by some arbitrary definition you just made up!"

That's not how statistics work. But even if it was, what is your point? An armed guard in that school would have almost certainly prevented that.

And let's say you could somehow magically wave a wand and only cops would have guns? Cool, fine, there should STILL be an armed guard in that school cause the psycho who did this could have just stabbed a bunch of kids instead.

Make a coherent argument, pearl clutching about the scary guns is just an insanely low resolution way of thinking about this problem.
Actually, I did nothing of the sort: I avoided exactly the sort of trap you keep trying to use, by referencing an objective 3rd party.

You just didn't like how that objective 3rd party contradicted your incorrect view of reality.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huh, between 2009 and 2015 right after the biggest economic crash of our generation following a major unspoken recession while all anyone talked about on the news was how a terrorist was prsident and then a fascist got elected and also men and woman started hating each other I wonder why there were so many mass shootings.
Read the article: it's much longer, and covers a far longer timespan; that was just one quote I put in my post that clearly disproved the point being made.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I did nothing of the sort: I avoided exactly the sort of trap you keep trying to use, by referencing an objective 3rd party.

You just didn't like how that objective 3rd party contradicted your incorrect view of reality.
Yes the nefarious TRAP of internally consistent logic. Sorry about that.
Old 05-25-2022, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t consider Snopes to be very objective. I know democrats love them though. I’ve seen them be very partisan biased in the past
Translation: I don't like objective sources that contradict my reality, so I ignore them.

Old 05-25-2022, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Protecting our elementary schools with armed guards" is a totally fucked up thing to say. What kind of third world shithole needs armed guards at elementary schools?
I think we could swing it if we brought back conscription like Bootyjudge wanted. 🤔
Old 05-25-2022, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes the nefarious TRAP of internally consistent logic. Sorry about that.
The trap of you cherry-picking a response any statistic I could possibly provide. I avoided it by not providing just one fact, but instead a deep and thorough analysis by an objective third party ... and you ignored it and pretended I'd given you a specific single fact you could "disprove".

Old 05-25-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Read the article: it's much longer, and covers a far longer timespan; that was just one quote I put in my post that clearly disproved the point being made.
I said we genocided the indians because they killed schoolchildren in this country, we armed our citizens and sent them out in the wild to kill or be killed.

Your link comparing EU and USA only supports my statement, that we are a brutal and savage nation compared to them. We subjucated the wild just 200 years ago, while they did over 2000.

They have seen collosal empires rise and fall multiple times, while we are still in the middle (end) of our first.

There is nothing different between what is happening now, and the fall of rome, or anywhere in europe during the fall of every empire.

During all of these societal collapses people went around killing each other.

Comparing the last 200 years of a 2000 year old history to the complete 200 year years of a brand new culture is just missdirection and confirmation bias not "unbiased" review.

The issues I bring up are not even mentioned in this article, and im sure that means you think that the issues I speak of are fake and not real (it is actual recorded history Im talking about)
Old 05-25-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Confirmation bias is a real pain in the ass.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-25-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

The only time you'll year someone say this is unbiased is when it confirms theirs.
-wayne gretsky
-micheal scott