Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-27-2022, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

NEWS FLASH ukrane is not part of the EU or NATO

you simp russian demorat communists just want to take guns so ukraine would be a russian country: FACT
Old 05-27-2022, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree, I was trying to come up with something that is more feasible than forcing bad parents to be good parents.
It’s a bit draconian, but my suggestion is that if anyone becomes a serial killer or mass murderer, the FBI tracks down who their parents were and throws them in prison

You can fuck up your kids, but if they take it to the extreme it’s your ass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2022, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say that at all. Majority of violent crimes are commited by people who grew up without a father in the home. If you want to hide the root issue behind guns fine, but its not going to magically make society any better as a result.

I don't believe for a second that banning guns will reduce *overall* violent crime.
I'm not saying anything about banning them outright, I'm talking about having sensible gun control laws. And you can believe whatever you want, but there's a mountain of evidence showing that some (obviously not all; the details matter) gun control laws do reduce gun violence.

The simplest evidence isn't even any wonky scientific study or anything: it's other countries around the world. They all have (for instance) basic laws about background checks and such that we don't have.

In Germany anyone under 25 has to pass a psych eval to buy a gun: how many school shooters would that have stopped here? In Italy you have to demonstrate a need for a gun and go through a criminal and mental health check. And so on for many others.

None of those countries have our problems with mass shootings, but the fringe right NRA crowd has so dominated the discussion that even reasonable measures like background checks can't pass here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But beyond just a lack of wealth is that bad past generational things are far more likely to compound and spiral than turn around

Regardless of the race, if a kid grows up poor, abused/neglected, bad education, very little job opportunities in his area, his chance of success plummets. And so does his kid’s. And his kid’s kid’s. And his kid’s kid’s kid’s

It takes almost a miracle person to break that cycle. I’m all for giving as much assistance as possible and fair, but a lot of it is still gonna end up on the individual, just from a reality standpoint
So let's prevent abortion and force more kids to be born into that cycle, yay!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NEWS FLASH ukrane is not part of the EU or NATO

you simp russian demorat communists just want to take guns so ukraine would be a russian country: FACT
You can't tell at sight a mauser rifle from a Javelin?
Old 05-27-2022, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it did not. Military aid from the US government (that same military that could crush any sort of civic resistance like a bug, regardless of mansy guns they own, if it ever decided to) is what saved them.
This is so infuriating

this friggen war was BECAUSE THEY WANTED WESTERN support

it couldnt be more wrong and you are so confident about how disrespectful you are to the real heros that get out there and saved ukraine and died doing it and you want to take credit for it.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a bit draconian, but my suggestion is that if anyone becomes a serial killer or mass murderer, the FBI tracks down who their parents were and throws them in prison

You can fuck up your kids, but if they take it to the extreme it’s your ass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's new and I don't think it will fly, but let's try it anyway incase it does and things may improve slightly. 😈
Old 05-27-2022, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Won't work, for the same reason longer prison sentences don't. When someone decides to murder someone, they're not thinking "well if I do it and get caught I'll only get 20 years, not 25 ... yeah I'm in!" They're not even thinking about the sentence at all, they're thinking "I just caught this guy with my wife!"

Similarly if I'm afraid to beat my kid because I know I might get caught now, eg. because my neighbor might report me, that might actually influence my behavior. But the threat of going to jail 20 years down the line for something I'm sure will never happen to me? It doesn't matter if the penalty is being flayed alive, it won't influence my behavior.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-27-2022 at 08:24 PM..
Old 05-27-2022, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so infuriating

it couldnt be more wrong and you are so confident about how disrespectful you are to the real heros that get out there and saved ukraine and died doing it and you want to take credit for it.
Putin simp says what now?

The war was because they want to preserve the old Soviet sphere of influence despite Ukraine kicking out the strongman he had installed.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Stop invaliding the heroism of the ukrainian soldiers you russian simp.

listen to this shit we need this https://www.frontlinewildfire.com/ho...vers-wildfire/

I bet the civil war is going to happen when the LEFT refuses to believe the election results, and in 2024 does what they said trump would do in 2020.

I mean they said that trump would start world war 3 and here we are with them fucking LOVING it

and lormain thinking it was our military that fricking has been fighting it for christ sakes. What a fucking mess we've turned ourselves into.

loramin actually thinks us military space lasers are secretly winning the war in ukraine.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is so infuriating

The Ukrainian military and civilian militia stepped up and saved their country, no question: I'm not trying to argue otherwise.

What I'm saying is without Western military support it wouldn't have mattered how hard they fought, Russia would have ultimately dominated.