Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-27-2022, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putin simp says what now?

The war was because they want to preserve the old Soviet sphere of influence despite Ukraine kicking out the strongman he had installed.
thats literally what I just said you fricken bot
Old 05-27-2022, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's new and I don't think it will fly, but let's try it anyway incase it does and things may improve slightly. 😈
It might make a parent pause and go “hmm my socially inept child that I haven’t given 30 total minutes of my attention to their entire life has stayed inside on his computer for the last year and just punched his mom in the face when she asked him to turn off Fortnite. What do I think the chances are he’s going to shoot up a school, because going to prison for the rest of my life is really going to mess up my vacation plans”
Old 05-27-2022, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying anything about banning them outright, I'm talking about having sensible gun control laws. And you can believe whatever you want, but there's a mountain of evidence showing that some (obviously not all; the details matter) gun control laws do reduce gun violence.

The simplest evidence isn't even any wonky scientific study or anything: it's other countries around the world. They all have (for instance) basic laws about background checks and such that we don't have.

In Germany anyone under 25 has to pass a psych eval to buy a gun: how many school shooters would that have stopped here? In Italy you have to demonstrate a need for a gun and go through a criminal and mental health check. And so on for many others.

None of those countries have our problems with mass shootings, but the fringe right NRA crowd has so dominated the discussion that even reasonable measures like background checks can't pass here.

So let's prevent abortion and force more kids to be born into that cycle, yay!
for one its none of your damn business or the governments business to know why I "need" a gun.

how about more security at the schools? Thats pretty sensible.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 05-27-2022, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Lets hear from a republican when asked how'd they would fix school shootings.

This was from Herschel Walker on FoxNews.

"People see that it's a person wielding that
weapon, you know, Cain killed Abel. And
that's the problem that we have. And I said,
what we need to do is look into how we can
stop those things

You talk about doing disinformation.
What about getting a department that can
look at young men that's looking at women,
that's looking at their social media? What
about doing that, looking into things like
that, and we can stop that way?"

Jib tends to respond better.
Hell, Trump barely replies better.

This crap reads like Ooloo's white supremacist statistics. Complete nonsense.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t understand why some people here point at everything BUT gun regulation to fix this issue. It seems grossly illogical and it makes me laugh. Our own politicians are unable to figure something out. Most arguments here seem to devolve into personal attacks but this is the internet. What excuse does Washington have?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-27-2022, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Ukrainian military and civilian militia stepped up and saved their country, no question: I'm not trying to argue otherwise.
There, see. Keep in mind without this phase, there would be ZERO support, because they'd be russian now.

Quote:
What I'm saying is without Western military support it wouldn't have mattered how hard they fought, Russia would have ultimately dominated.
No you are wrong about that. It's not "western support" we've been sending them OLD conventional firearms.

you simply do not understand how the military works we have supplied conventional firepower, that is it.

We have propaganda to make YOU think that we are supporting them but every day zelenski has been BEGGING and BEGGING for equipment.

They do not have tanks. They do not have airplanes. They do not have any of the tech you think they have.

It is the tenacity of the ukrainians who hide underground and pop up and shoot russians that is winning this war.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t understand why some people here point at everything BUT gun regulation to fix this issue. It seems grossly illogical and it makes me laugh. Our own politicians are unable to figure something out. Most arguments here seem to devolve into personal attacks but this is the internet. What excuse does Washington have?
Its so easy once you figure this out.

Because out of all the solutions only one is unconstitutional.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe more security at schools sure..even though the cop at my high school was useless and so were the cops at Uvalde.. and..Vegas..

But that still isn’t enough imo. There needs to be something done to gun legislation even if it’s light or harsh..can anyone who argues “everything but” at least agree that we as a nation need to look at regulation?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-27-2022, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This crap reads like Ooloo's white supremacist statistics. Complete nonsense.
By pointing out their racial supremacism is based on nonsensical information, you just forced them to dig in even deeper and guaranteed that they now want to die for Diaper Don.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think a blunt shape is used initially. You gotta wiggle the pieces up there indiviually and then bundle 'em into a fist or whatever.

Makes you think.
^

why would anyone be afraid of homosexual men? (lol christ)