Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-27-2022, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you think salty motherfuckers are so on edge (lol)
Arrg then they shu walk de plank. If yu Don liyke murica u cn get urt.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-27-2022, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arrg then they shu walk de plank. If yu Don liyke murica u cn get urt.
Arrrgh, that be a two-way plank matey
Old 05-27-2022, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you think salty motherfuckers are so on edge (lol)

But to be real, it doesn't happen overnight.
In all seriousness I get your point it’s a scary thought. But you can’t assume the worst out of even minimum additional legislation without first seeing if it will help. I know you’re going to say it’s a slippery slope but to fix this issue it’s absolutely irresponsible not to try every avenue within reason. But we don’t get to decide that which is why I get the paranoia about the situation. I don’t have the answers. I’m just trying to understand why all the entrenched positions.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 05-27-2022, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness I get your point it’s a scary thought. But you can’t assume the worst out of even minimum additional legislation without first seeing if it will help.
Yes I can, there are no rules stating that I cannot. In fact, it would seem sound reason to do so. Like a cat-burgler testing the windows.

edit: a special treat for Khajiit.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 05-27-2022 at 09:40 PM..
Old 05-27-2022, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Ukrainian military and civilian militia stepped up and saved their country, no question: I'm not trying to argue otherwise.

What I'm saying is without Western military support it wouldn't have mattered how hard they fought, Russia would have ultimately dominated.
Ukraine is losing, badly

Stop watching CNN
Old 05-27-2022, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes I can, there are no rules stating that I cannot. In fact, it would seem sound reason to do so. Like a cat-burgler testing the windows.
So it boils down to the fact you’re afraid the government will seize all guns. Got it.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shall not be infringed.

It's called punctuation. The left thinks that the constitution doesnt have it.

But it does!

It says a well regulated militia is the meat and potatoes of a free nation, and the right to bear arms will not be infringed because bears are bad ass.
Twitter told me regulated means 'well supplied' or 'well regimented'.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So it boils down to the fact you’re afraid the government will seize all guns. Got it.
Guns, white women, whatever else. They still haven't gotten over losing the Civil War yet, so they're just itching to have another go at it.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twitter told me regulated means 'well supplied' or 'well regimented'.
I think the people who make such arguments are bad faith actors.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Banned

I know a lot of people here hate Matt Walsh but he completely knocks it out of the park with his critique of Uwalde police on his special:

“Well there it is there [in response to Uwalde cop’s argument for why they waited for backup for an hour]. ‘We’ll if they had gone in they could have been shot and killed”. Yeah. Right, they could have been. But that’s your job. You’re a police officer, and those are little children inside that building. So your job is actually to put yourself in between that bad guy and the child. Even if it means you get shot and killed in the process. That’s your job

Don’t want to do that job? Get a different job. Go work at Walmart, I hear they’re hiring. If that’s not a job they’re prepared to do. I mean they’re waiting for a ballistic shield before they can go in. You’re waiting for a ballistic shield…while kids are being executed? Where is your honor as a man? How can you even live with yourself. That’s why I say no one can know how you would react in a situation like this until you’re in the situation…but I just…

How would you not have this compulsion…every fiber in your being, I would think, would be driving you into that room because how could you live with yourself afterwards? Yeah if you go in you might be shot and killed…but if you don’t go in, and you sit outside while kids are dying, you’re going to wish you had been killed. I would rather BE dead than live with that the rest of my life, I couldn’t live with it. So it’s honor and courage that brings you in the door but it’s also in its own way a form of self-preservation because who wants to live a life like that the rest of their life knowing you could have done something while these kids were being slaughtered but you were standing outside waiting for a shield

But they weren’t doing nothing, as video has come out and shown they were handcuffing parents and reportedly tazed at least one of them to stop the parents from going in to rescue their children. There’s video, very heart wrenching video, of parents screaming “go in and save my child” and they weren’t doing it. The parents would try and go in themselves and they would stop the parents. Now listen, if they were already in a gunfight with this guy, and they were already there trying to save the kids, then I can understand keeping the parents out because they’re just going to add to the body count, you’re not gonna let parents just run into the middle of that. But if you’re not doing ANYTHING, if you’re just waiting for an hour for more people to show up, then if you’re not willing to do it and children are being killed and someone else is willing to do it you let them do it

This is totally unconscionable”
Last edited by unsunghero; 05-27-2022 at 09:48 PM..