Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-29-2022, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JPS in 2018 gently reminded everyone that gotta do something about the 2nd to get any real change and everyone from every side got super aggro at him.

poor little justice emeritus.
The conservatives have ideas, it's just that unfortunately, most of them are absolutely stupid

Mental health is the only decent suggestion but I'm skeptical even that would ever yield legislation, much less legislation that passes both chambers and gets signed and is effective

All of this to avoid the elephant in the room that we call "gun control"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220528_164542.jpg (109.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-29-2022, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The conservatives have ideas, it's just that unfortunately, most of them are absolutely stupid

Mental health is the only decent suggestion but I'm skeptical even that would ever yield legislation, much less legislation that passes both chambers and gets signed and is effective

All of this to avoid the elephant in the room that we call "gun control"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
17, 18, 28, 37(except a bank instead), 41, 42

25 is the meanest shit.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the end of the day what you're ultimately saying is "based on no evidence whatsoever, I want to give up the 2nd most important right in our "bill of rights" to an increasingly totalitarian government on the hopes that the possibility that losing this right MIGHT make us more safe, and that I am unready to admit that guns are the least significant contributor to the dangers of the decayed society I live in"

Regarding "we don't need guns" tell that to a 110lb woman who makes the mistake of existing while simultaneously needing to occasionally (god forbid, REGULARLY) walk home in the dark.
I never said "remove every gun from America"! On the contrary, what I keep repeating is that we need sensible gun laws, and this slavish fantasization of the 2nd amendment (we need automatic weapons in case the army comes for us!) is stopping that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to ask, are you being intentionally dense or are you still honestly thinking that this point needs to be made?

If there was a reduction in bodies of water, there would be a reduction in drowning deaths.

If there was a reduction in guns, there would be a reduction in gun deaths.

This is a logical certainty, it requires no study, and is the exact same thing as 1 + 1 equals 2.
So if the logic is so simple, let's use it to save childrens lives.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deceitful
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/statism
Old 05-29-2022, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said "remove every gun from America"! On the contrary, what I keep repeating is that we need sensible gun laws, and this slavish fantasization of the 2nd amendment (we need automatic weapons in case the army comes for us!) is stopping that.

So if the logic is so simple, let's use it to save childrens lives.
I’m far from a gun nut, so I’m sure one of them could clarify, but I believe very very few people in the USA have a license that allows them to posses a fully automatic weapon. It’s either current high ranking military or police that can get this I believe

So you must mean semi-automatic. So if we take that technology away, we go back to single action revolvers like in the Wild West days? Or go further back to powder loading muskets?

It helps to know about guns in and out before deciding which are the most dangerous and why. I certainly don’t so I won’t try
Old 05-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m far from a gun nut, so I’m sure one of them could clarify, but I believe very very few people in the USA have a license that allows them to posses a fully automatic weapon. It’s either current high ranking military or police that can get this I believe

So you must mean semi-automatic. So if we take that technology away, we go back to single action revolvers like in the Wild West days? Or go further back to powder loading muskets?

It helps to know about guns in and out before deciding which are the most dangerous and why. I certainly don’t so I won’t try
automatic loading.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
automatic loading.
So semi-automatic? So anything that doesn’t use a lever like the old revolvers did?

That’s a hell of a long way backwards in gun tech
Old 05-29-2022, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-29-2022, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So semi-automatic? So anything that doesn’t use a lever like the old revolvers did?

That’s a hell of a long way backwards in gun tech
All the way to 1776 baby!
Old 05-29-2022, 12:59 PM
Banned

So if we go back to Wild West revolvers, I’ve seen some cowboy movies where a cowboy “fans” the back of the gun’s lever with his other hand to shoot rapidly, making it seem almost as fast as a semi-automatic

Would that be cool or should we ban that? No gun fanning? Or is the decrease in potential accuracy a decent trade off?