Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-04-2022, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Real talk: Blue is a beta cess pool

Bit of an inflamatory post, but it's true. That server is backwards from years of mechanic abuse, bad raid scene, RMT trading etc.

Merging green with blue not only presents technical problems, but community problems as well.

Blueberries (the minority) is screaming their heads off however, because they're worried about becoming a legacy server despite being able to play now.

Honestly, I say let blue become legacy. People can still continue playing blue if they want, and the green community is large and healthy enough to continue what it's doing.

Merging is a mistake. Takes in what my opinion is a clean server, and dirties it was the history of blue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

#inb4blueberriesstartgettingangry
Old 06-04-2022, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

yeah sure, lets open a 3rd server so we need even more hardware + split the community further.

fantastic idea, 5/5*

we do need a recycling trashcan to restart fresh, and blue fits perfectly.

new fresh server, the sooner the better.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Last edited by Zoolander; 06-04-2022 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-04-2022, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah sure, lets open a 3rd server so we need even more hardware + split the community further.

fantastic idea, 5/5*
You mean like how they did when they opened teal at the start of green?

Forcing people to rejoin beta because you're too bent out of shape to let your pixels go isn't for the good of the community. Especially since it's pretty obvious a large majority of people want classic everquest, not beta everquest.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fantastic idea, 5/5*

we do need a recycling trashcan to restart fresh, and blue fits perfectly.

new fresh server, the sooner the better.
You're always free to join green like every other blue server. That way the server isn't split anymore.

Tell me again, why should the more popular of the two be forced to merge with blue?

Perhaps blue players should just start playing on green if population is their chief concern.

Oh wait, that's right, because it's not about pop and the game community or the vision of the project overall, it's about your pixels.
Old 06-05-2022, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bit of an inflamatory post, but it's true. That server is backwards from years of mechanic abuse, bad raid scene, RMT trading etc.

Merging green with blue not only presents technical problems, but community problems as well.

Blueberries (the minority) is screaming their heads off however, because they're worried about becoming a legacy server despite being able to play now.

Honestly, I say let blue become legacy. People can still continue playing blue if they want, and the green community is large and healthy enough to continue what it's doing.

Merging is a mistake. Takes in what my opinion is a clean server, and dirties it was the history of blue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

#inb4blueberriesstartgettingangry
Was the last post you made about this bad idea and everyone telling you it was a bad idea not good enough or?

Hint: it's not just blue players that think splitting a niche community 3-4 ways for the sake of ur pixels is stupid
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 06-05-2022 at 01:21 AM..
Old 06-05-2022, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

gotta love the 10 year wait on getting posts approved.

You two are in the minority when it comes to the topic of server merges.

Stop trying to project your protection of pixels and legacy characters by the deprecation of blue server.

It's going to happen.

Forcing a larger portion of the population onto a ruleset they're not interested in, to preserve the pixels/power status of the people on blue is not only selfish, it's short sighted.

Let's be real here, "MuH pOpUlAtIoN" explanation doesn't hold water; Especially with relaunches requiring a teal and green server.

The truth is ya'll want nothing more than to keep your characters relevant in the hopes that forcing green population onto blue will make the server popular again.

Those days are over son, it's a beta server.

Like I said, if you're so worried about population, why don't you stop playing on the beta blue server and join the servers that the project aims to be the future of p1999.

Not only that, you said it yourself, blue server is a throw away right? Guess you wont have any problems quitting your characters and joining green. Better yet, why not just delete everything you have on blue if you're so dedicated to merging the population?
Last edited by ya.dingus; 06-05-2022 at 04:21 AM..
Old 06-05-2022, 05:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prove it.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Hint: it's not just blue players that think splitting a niche community 3-4 ways for the sake of ur pixels is stupid[/QUOTE]

yeah nobody gives a shit if your fungi tunic devalues 15%
Old 06-05-2022, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
There's not a fucking chance this is anywhere close to true. You're out of your mind for even attempting to claim this. The last thread you brought this dumb topic up in nearly every response made fun of you.

Quote:
Stop trying to project your protection of pixels and legacy characters by the deprecation of blue server.
I've said many many times that I don't care AT ALL about any p99 pixels regardless of server. My ideal scenario is a full wipe of blue before the merge then continuing to merge green back to blue at the end of timeline each time.

Quote:
Forcing a larger portion of the population onto a ruleset they're not interested in, to preserve the pixels/power status of the people on blue is not only selfish, it's short sighted.
LOL do you seriously not see the hypocrisy? Your ENTIRE ARGUMENT is "Noooo don't merge the servers cuz my green pixels". Holy crap dude.

Quote:
Let's be real here, "MuH pOpUlAtIoN" explanation doesn't hold water; Especially with relaunches requiring a teal and green server.
There's always initial launch hype. Same thing happens with TLP's and really any MMO launch. It's always way overpopulated at the start and you always lose a good chunk of people in the first month or two. P99 averages somewhere around 1000-1400 people across all servers at peak times. It's been this way for as long as I can remember even pre-green. Now instead of a server with 1000+ at peak times resulting in a well populated world we have 2 servers with 500-750. That's still decent. Not as good but it's fine. You still walk through the world and find lots and lots of empty zones but at least the popular zones are good. You're advocating for splitting the population further so we have 3 (4 with red) servers for the same 1000-1400 ppl? You realize that's going to put each server at < 500 people? You really think this is a good thing? I promise you are the minority here.

Quote:
Guess you wont have any problems quitting your characters and joining green.
Repeating for like the 6th time: I'm not actively playing blue or green currently. I'm not secretly fighting for my "legacy" blue pixels. I clearly and openly stated my wish for blue to be wiped. You are VERY CLEARLY fighting for your green pixels and nothing else. I'm ready and waiting to start on green 2.0 but at this point feel it's a bit too late to start fresh on green when (supposedly) green 2.0 is coming. This is my biggest frustration with p99 atm that we have no information on the plan for merge/new server or any kind of hint at the plan for that.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

For us being so awful, you sure want to join us real bad.