Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Default Veeshan's Peak: Ledge in Picture room

I would post this in the raid guild section but I think there are only 3 people who bother to check that section so I am posting it here.

It has come to my attention that this ledge is being used to fight dragons in veeshan's peak:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The staff feels that this trivializes the zone and content. The way the dragons are being pulled is also causing them to path through the walls. This significantly reduces the potential for adds and further trivializes content. The "trash mobs" in Veeshan's Peak are intended to be part of the challenge of the zone.

If something you are doing causes an npc to walk through walls instead of through the zone then please report it instead of using it.

Do not kill NPC's up on that ledge. Do not pull them through walls. whether you mean to or not. If a guild is caught doing either of those things they will be raid suspended and individual suspensions may be handed out.

Also, as stated before. Please do not kill dragons in the lava tubes.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. And please leave my innocent friends alone. I spent a lot of time on them! They are level 1, drop no xp or loot. if you kill them I might DT you. kthxbai.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS: This post isn't to dispute whether or not this is exploiting or to point fingers or cry or bitch. This is an informative post brought to you in the interest of people not getting in trouble [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

This has to be a joke Amelinda.
A) mobs do not add anywhere in the zone if pulled properly
B) this spot isnt used to trivilaze the encounter it is used to stop other guilds from using an exploit to harras other guilds.
C) Refere to A
D) hi, i miss you changing me into a gnome. that is all
Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

I have been informed.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

We haven't had a single pull with adds no matter how the dragons have been pathing to us, whether it is through their normal route or through walls and independently of where we have been fighting them in the zone. This is a fact. I can pull any dragons with 0 adds anywhere in this zone, so come up with a better excuse if you want to prevent us from fighting there.

The spot we fight the dragons in only makes it harder to train us.

Basically, VD can't compete, so we'll make up a new rule so that the casual scum has a chance to grief. This is what it is. Good to see that Coldblooded's crying machine is still in full force. Can't beat us ?? QQ To Amelinduh.

Mem blurring was all good, but finding a spot where you can't be trained easily isn't. Grats on making a new rule because you have no clue how EQ mechanics work.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 PM
VIP / Contributor

This is sooo not a joke.

A) Mobs aren't adding because when you guys pull them they are pathing through the wall. (At least on the ledge) I sat and watched them the other night to be sure.

B) I know WHY you are fighting up there.

C) duly noted.

D) shoot me a tell the next time you are in game and want to be a gnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We will make it so!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is sooo not a joke.

A) Mobs aren't adding because when you guys pull them they are pathing through the wall. (At least on the ledge) I sat and watched them the other night to be sure.

B) I know WHY you are fighting up there.

C) duly noted.

D) shoot me a tell the next time you are in game and want to be a gnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We will make it so!!!!
Again, read my post, I will repeat the important passage. Please read attentively:

"I can pull any dragons with 0 adds anywhere in this zone."
Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

PS Faz: Actually no one in VD told me about this. I found out about this totally randomly all by myself. Nice guess though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Also: This is not up for debate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Things pathing through walls has nothing to do with that spot, and just with how the AI for EQEmu is designed.

Meet me ingame sometime. I'll show you why things path through walls, it has nothing to do with an exploit and everything to do with a commonly used pull technique.

You remember when Kinsawt was pulling stuff from crypt to Trak ledge wayyy back when? It was going through walls then too ;p

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 03-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

HI, AMELINDA =)

The reason mobs are not adding is a server side mechanical issue, truth be told we can pull almost any mob in any zone w/o agroing rest of zone we can kite it dance with it and still wont add. Has nothing to do with the location. I couldnt care less about being trained but when a broken game mechanic (memblur) is being used to grief a guild u gota ask why aid them? Since we found this spot VD has not been able to memblur us and grief us and in turn has not ONCE tried to compete for a VP dragon, why? I will tell you why, they do not have the manpower to compete on VP dragons, so instead they griefed us for 2 weeks straight with a group of 8 people wasting the times of 50 people. Do you think this warrents us to give into their demands of a rotation? what ever happend to fair play, compete with us..when we see you getting half of the mobs consistantly maybe then it makes sense to go on rotation. Do not grief us for weeks on end and then try to cry your way into a rotation.