Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The red players don't do themselves any favors with regards to attracting and retaining new players either as I hear they have several deleveled epic rogues that like to camp the noobie grounds. Most of us are older now and don't have time for bullshit like that.
The red players are actually super nice and twink out new players. At least, that's my experience. I have yet to fight anyone at level 28.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

I like eq pvp because its like taking the same things that make regular eq a "hard" game and ratcheting it up to 11 or 12.. so I admire the hardcore elements of eq pvp.

But on the other hand logging into this world and just prancing around and hailing NPC's and watching Dragonslayer on dvd while I obtain loot, comfortably (most importantly) is also nice.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like eq pvp because its like taking the same things that make regular eq a "hard" game and ratcheting it up to 11 or 12.. so I admire the hardcore elements of eq pvp.

But on the other hand logging into this world and just prancing around and hailing NPC's and watching Dragonslayer on dvd while I obtain loot, comfortably (most importantly) is also nice.
Gonna watch a dvd and log on EQ tomorrow because of this post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Although I agree PvP was somewhat imbalanced, I feel the changes the Devs made for PvP make it much better than it was on live. However, gear plays such a decisive role that you will always have that imbalance (although this can be overcome if you stay in groups with people). On Tallon Zek we overcame this by sticking together.

That said, the best thing about EQ pvp is that any spawn can be contested through PvP. It also causes you to be ultra-paranoid - constantly checking whos in zone, whos a friend and potential foe.

Personally I really enjoyed the experience on Tallon Zek and would love to play on a server with the same ruleset, but with more balanced PvP.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 06-20-2019 at 08:52 AM..
Old 06-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, the best thing about EQ pvp is that any spawn can be contested through PvP. It also causes you to be ultra-paranoid - constantly checking whos in zone, whos a friend and potential foe.
I play in my free time to blow off steam not cultivate mental health issues.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Team PVP is the only logical choice.

We already have a PVE bluebie server.
We already have a random PVP RZ style server.

Why repeat a ruleset we already have in place? Other option is a strict roleplay server, LOL!
Old 06-20-2019, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

SZ ruleset or bust
Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp flag forced on while carrying a manastone in your inventory.
What little hair is left on their heads would fall out.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SZ ruleset or bust
This would be a really fun server.
Closed Thread