Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by relapsee69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have yet to find a mob i could not solo that i wanted too. So to the guy saying a cleric is entirely group-dependent or no individual power. Obv you do not know how to play a cleric
I don't need to know "how to play a cleric" - I just need to know the relative hp of mobs you would likely solo at each level, and a clerics ability to do damage.

You go ahead and solo - i'll bet you level 3-5 times slower than a necro/druid/wizard/mage/shaman of the same level.

So go ahead and root-nuke some undead (or even living, in some cases) mob to death then med for 4-6 minutes. If that's how you define "not group dependent," fine. I disagree, unless you have a pocket chanter.

But the good money says most clerics didn't level that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by relapsee69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have yet to find a mob i could not solo that i wanted too. So to the guy saying a cleric is entirely group-dependent or no individual power. Obv you do not know how to play a cleric
^this

Root'n'nuke. Especially undead. Since root is so strong on this server, you can solo pretty easy with a cleric. On live it was not the case for a long time until they added the self DS and weapon proc that heals the cleric. Once they did that it was game on.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...the self DS and weapon proc that heals the cleric. Once they did that it was game on.
No joke I was just reminiscing about this while I was drivin to get lunch a couple hours ago. Pullin crypt of decay with a group of afk 50somethings and watching them all ding almost every pull, oh man good times. And all those nasty weapons clerics ended up getting!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

hmm.

If I did end up making a cleric, there's a good chance that i can drag a friend along,sense he was a long time player,too (though on different servers).

So would a cleric be paired well with a warrior/tank class or would something like a mage/necro be better? It will probably never be boxing,sense i tend to hate such things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Boxing is very illegal here so don't do that. If your friend lives with you then you will need to petition for an IP exemption in the petition forums below (read the forum instructions when you get there) but don't hold your breath. The Dev's have had a hard time this last few weeks with the tornadoes and such and have limited resources for such requests.

Cleric/Monk is a decent team.
Mage/Necro is pretty unstoppable though.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So would a cleric be paired well with a warrior/tank class or would something like a mage/necro be better? It will probably never be boxing,sense i tend to hate such things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also not allowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most groups rely on cleric/tank/cc/dps/dps/dps setups so having the core tank and cleric is good but you'll be limited on what you two can do alone.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Boxing is also illegal and gets you banned.

Tank of any type works. SK would be better since they could fear kite. But Pal/Warrior will be capable of always getting duo'd xp, although not the most efficient with a cleric. However you've got the start to a great group at any given moment so you'd be successful. A monk would work well also in a duo with a cleric. Infact, a monk probably would work better for duoing and can be tanks too for some group configurations. At the high levels you'll have a pocket puller at all times which is also useful.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

oh cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

what about shamans/druids? I can play all three healing types XD its just i get confused as to what i want to play more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Aviak

Well since your initial interest is necro or cleric I'd advise the necro first. Make some plat and then roll your cleric. It is what I did before rolling my cleric. Though its not some uber twink like some. hehe.

You could still xp with your friend and agro kiting mobs he could still dps and not need heals. etc.

Or he could roll a mage maybe and with the two you could get rolling really easy on those two.

Rotted Corpse
Necromancer of Cabilis
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The exp penalty on hybrids does not hit the group. The exp is divided as it normally would be. The problem is that if you start with a group of people, the hybrids get left behind exp-wise.

It is hard enough to get a group w/a hybrid as it is. Quit perpetuating this myth.
Maybe a ranger, but I have grouped with many SKs and pallys.
Closed Thread