Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such immense hyperbole here in your comparison of vendor-bought Mage pets to vendor-bought Crafted Armor. Cmon bro!

And Enchanters not having Clarity isn't NEARLY as debilitating as Mages not having ANY pets. Indeed I say this only proves my point further. Enchanters even WITHOUT CLARITY are still probably the most powerful Class in Classic-era.

That really says something doesn't it?
No.

You want a piece of equipment that you will either have to farm yourself or pay someone else to farm.

You don't like that, so you want it put on a merchant. RIGHT NOW. Instead of, like, a few patches from now.

You're demanding a special exception to the server ruleset because you don't want to spend time or money getting a piece of gear.

That's fucking stupid.

It's not like the spell isn't in game due to botched code. it's there. you're just too lazy and entitled to go about getting it.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Level 29 research materials are not dropping. Nobody has found any. Please fix.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:47 PM
Kobold

Not true
Old 11-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You picked mage so you could get a head start. Same as people who rolled up druids and necros on day one. It's been 20 years man, we know how this game works. And nobody hates you for this. Do your thing, hell, I rolled an enchanter, who am I to judge on someone for wanting an easy time as a naked caster? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem comes up where after taking this head start, you run into an issue where you have a gear dependecy to progress. You need a spell. That spell requires research components - but because there are so few people at the level range to generate those components, and the competition is so high, you have to either tediously grind those components up somehow, or pay someone who has.

And you don't like this. It slows your roll. You knew what you were getting into - it's literally on the server's name - but just the same, you're mad. and you want it rectified. You want a special exception made, just for you, to make a piece of requirement easily accessible off a merchant. To make your roll easier.

And people are laughing at you and mocking you for this demand. Deservedly so. Imagine warriors demanding that crafted armor be put on a merchant or something. That's what you're asking.

if I can suck up that Clarity is months away from my grasp, you can accept that you might have to pay a dude who found your component.
Nah you do not understand magician research. Like many who give their opinion here, its getting fixed for a reason. Also Materials ? other class cant really comprehend, i get only a share of other class materials, i give them for free, to some of you commenting here btw. I charge 0 i just dump all materials on other class everytime i see them in need. And even doing that i end up destroying your materials because they drop so damn often.

On the other side, my materials, i get them all, by default in group, people are real nice they let me get my mats. And i barely manage to get a combine or 2 per 5 level.

Now dont forget all our pets are combine only, all pets always need the previous pets. It works, id be lying if i said i dont have my pets. I have 1 per tier up to now, 34, unless i am very lucky will have to wait but i will most likely get the chance of trying the combine once before 39.

But its not like this for all mages. And right now we hope that its possible to make a 39 pets, it may not be. (2 recipe for 34 and 2 for 39 but different pet line) so like said before, since we need the previous tier pet scroll for the new combine it may be that 39+ pets cant be made.

We will know soon enough.

And no i didnt pick mage for a jump start, i picked mage cause thats what i was leveling on blue when green happened. I couldnt care less when i hit 50, i only group and play for fun.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

You want a piece of equipment that you will either have to farm yourself or pay someone else to farm.

You don't like that, so you want it put on a merchant. RIGHT NOW. Instead of, like, a few patches from now.

You're demanding a special exception to the server ruleset because you don't want to spend time or money getting a piece of gear.

That's fucking stupid.

It's not like the spell isn't in game due to botched code. it's there. you're just too lazy and entitled to go about getting it.
Rusty, when people got to that content level soon after launch, developpers fixed it right away and admitted it was a mistake on their part cause magician had not been adressed at launch. Its just that here with 20 years old veteran of EQ we got faster to the content. The fix was to put pets on merchanst so the materials drop rate never got adjusted to magician needed to research all pets. This is the broken version we are playing now. Not classic, just a mechanic mistake enforced on mages.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 29 research materials are not dropping. Nobody has found any. Please fix.
They drop right now ive seen Coercion drop on tsu shamans in lguk and tentacle terrors in unrest basement if that helps you.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
That's fucking stupid.
You don't understand that the component drop tables haven't been adjusted for the fact that spells have to be researched I guess.

Several pets can't even be made because the recipes aren't in (unless hotfixed).

This situation is the result of one-sided input, people with a strong desire to enforce classic nerfs and broken code, while disregarding everything else.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

Imagine getting really upset emotionally in real life cause your elf can't digitally summon a best friend out of the ground
Old 11-04-2019, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rusty, when people got to that content level soon after launch, developpers fixed it right away
Wrong. So you think it took people 70+ days to get to level 24 in 1999? Oh come on, drop it man. I reached 24 on my mage within 45-50 days and I was in college back then. Our highest mage on the server was a lot higher level than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and admitted it was a mistake on their part cause magician had not been adressed at launch.
Find proof where Verant admits having pets research only was a mistake. The only thing broke during this era was research itself. Not mage, but research. They added the pet vendor as a quality of life adjustment, not because it was broke. I mean can't you only find 1 pet there per level? If it was truly broke wouldn't all pets be available for purchase?

Brad himself stated the above change was an "enhancement" to the class, not that it was a broke class.

Again, research itself was half broken during this era. On P99 research fully works.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such immense hyperbole here in your comparison of vendor-bought Mage pets to vendor-bought Crafted Armor. Cmon bro!

And Enchanters not having Clarity isn't NEARLY as debilitating as Mages not having ANY pets. Indeed I say this only proves my point further. Enchanters even WITHOUT CLARITY are still probably the most powerful Class in Classic-era.

That really says something doesn't it?
Imagine acusing someone of hyperbole then immediately claiming mages don't have 'any' pets.

Oh, and to be balanced, to the person that said mage nukes almost match wizards for only a bit more mana, I just want to point out wizards also get roots very early in addition to a ds, a variety of stun spells and snare. Mages get decent nukes, one if the best ds in the game, and from 24 onwards they seem to be a spell circle or two behind on their pet.
Closed Thread