4) We are new, so no twinking

So it has to be strong enough to bust into dungeons, handle adds, kill

I was thinking the following

1) War /Shaman (barbarian)
2) Monk/ Shaman (barbarian)
3) Mage/Mage (rolling on eachothers gear might suck
4) Enchanter/Mage , cc , nukes, slows, crack

Others I was considering
1) I was worried War/cleric wouldnt do enough dps or have a slow for higher level mobs
2) War/druid , more dps, but no slows and would the heals be enough

Please let me know what you guys think. I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Last edited by sonofbaal; 05-30-2011 at 11:15 PM..
Old 05-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Monk Shaman is always fun.

You could do double Iksar that way too.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk Shaman is always fun.

You could do double Iksar that way too.
can a monk... tank enough? Hold threat, take damage? deal with adds?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Kobold

War lacks enough dps imo. Shaman and druids have dps but won't keep him alive efficiently (lots of boring med time) if at all, and war/cleric kills very slowly.

Monk/shaman is a very solid build and a staple. I recommend it if you don't want to have 2 casters- this duo can go far.

Enchanter/mage is risky... I can't comment on it at lower levels, but at higher levels you'll want to make a healer friend.
Alternative composition: Enchanter/necro. You trade some pet dps for dots, better mana dumps in a pinch, and efficient healing. If you get bored of dungeon crawls, you can mix things up with a little fear kiting.

mage/mage- good fun. Mages are not a very gear-dependent class. Foci are good, extra mana is good, but the gear that you can reasonably get without twinking will not drastically change your character. Just do round robin on drops if you don't want to roll.

Enchanter/shaman is not a bad idea either, especially at mid-high levels where the malo and tash lines combine to create long duration charms.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Aviak

pull to edge of zone or a safe spot in a dungeon. No adds. Avoidance tank = winsauce. More dps = more threat. Just dont slow more than once =P
Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Aviak

I would do warrior/cleric. You should easily be able to get mid 30s with this combo quite quickly. You can always pick up a dps if the mobs die slowly. You will also be far better off when later in the game when you have to form groups with a tank/healer instead of slower/dps.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Aviak

Ranger/Shaman. Get a lot of utility from both classes, and both start near Qeynos/Blackburrow so you don't have to run too far to get started.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for the feedback, 1999 community are all bros (and sis).

Curious, does the shady dealer in EC sell/buy to iksar? I am not too verse on the traveling arangements needed my iksar if we were to double monk/shaman
Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Would definitely vote for Monk/Sham. I played Monk on live, and not only did I keep a running list of the important group classes (war, cleric, enc) I also kept a separate list of Shams for duo purposes. Very powerful, effective duo for just about everything, including dungeon crawling. The monk has some work cut out for him/her but with a good handle of pulling/splitting that partner can hunt in dungeons effectively for sure. Holding aggro isn't a huge problem. Adds can be tricky, but careful pulling can mitigate this issue, and some root CC can help. Plus with slows, both the Monk and the Shammy can take a surprising amount of a beating, so pulling aggro or even split tanking isn't a disaster.

My brother played Sham on live for a bit, and I *gasp* even did some boxing later on. He was lower level than I was but... in our 50s duoing most of the old world was doable (Once I was epiced, the world was our oyster... especially the old world. Freeti, Fire Giants, Anything in LGuk, some stuff in KC and Seb, etc) Good EXP/Money Making potential in there and lots of fun.

Other thoughts:

Not for dungeon crawling, but Nec/Dru is one of my favorite combos for outdoor areas and pure levelling if you want a random suggestion.

War/Cler would be fantastic for the option to group more in the future but for pure duo it's not all that great.

I haven't checked but if my memory from live is accurate I'm about 99% sure Shady is indiff to all. So no worries on the ikkie front.
Last edited by Breuce; 05-31-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Magician + Shaman
Magician + Cleric
Necro + Druid
Closed Thread