Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 07:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never meant to imply you did. Most of those references were debating other's point of view of a hypothetical, not your actions. But after re-reading my OP, you're right I did imply with the word "demanding". I should have said "the situation demanded."

I apologize for that misrepresentation. It wasn't my intention. But the core problem of OP still exists. And, I'd like to see some changes to future /lists.
The core problem of the OP is that you can't figure out that the PH would die if you grouped with the dude and killed it, thus expediting the odds of both of you getting a manastone at some point.

"BWUR UHR DURR WHY SHOULD I HELP?!" - because you want the camp and that's the best way to get it. You're being a damn self-defeating fool out of what, some sort of weird pride thing? Some Randian Superman fantasy? Get over it, kill the mob, and it'll respawn faster
Old 11-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine going to a hospital and telling everyone waiting for a kidney / liver transplant in front of you that they can't afford it themselves and have to rely on government / insurance to get it, so they should just get out of line.
Imagine posting a completely unrelated analogy for a ManaStone camp in everquest and failing to realize the disconnect in even thinking this is apt! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I do think for some people here getting the mana stone is as important (or more?) thank getting a lifesaving kidney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-14-2019, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just imagine how bad the /list will be once everyone hits 35, haha...OMG, OMG, OMG

I can see all the servers shutting down, literally
The people who are not level 35 yet, do not have the time to camp a 12 hour camp. It will continue to go to the poop sockers who are all level 35+ already.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine going to a hospital and telling everyone waiting for a kidney / liver transplant in front of you that they can't afford it themselves and have to rely on government / insurance to get it, so they should just get out of line.
Because that's a totally reasonable analogy... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think everyone involved in this situation was a shitbag. The list was created to cut down on CSR tickets for the staff. It was NOT created to turn these rare camps into some kind of black friday bullshit where all you have to do is stand in line and claim your prize.

You guys are assholes for not helping him and keeping the line moving.

He was an entitled shitbag for wanting strangers to camp an item for him.

The list MUST be tweaked to avoid people exploiting it like this. I agree that the minimum level needs to be raised. To be on the list you should be capable of SOLOING what you are camping. You know, like how normal camps work?
Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

What if you have to use the bathroom? How do you not fail the AFK check?
Old 11-14-2019, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
teamviewer on your phone and hope you can muddle through it before you time out
Old 11-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list MUST be tweaked to avoid people exploiting it like this. I agree that the minimum level needs to be raised. To be on the list you should be capable of SOLOING what you are camping. You know, like how normal camps work?
I once played a game where camps worked by people grouping together to kill stuff, even if they weren't first in line for the loot. You may have heard about it, is called classic eq.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Laptop
Old 11-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh.my.god.

im usually not cool with name & shame, but, this deserves a bird pooping on him the next time he leaves his house. Also, this is probably a very unpopular opinion, but made me think... you should only be able to /list on the item if you can actually use it. Not sure what class he is, but just realized how dumb it would be to sit there for 30 hours and lose out to a warrior or rogue.
To put it in context. I did not ever demand anyone kill anything. You can see screen shots of the chat logs. I was in a party with two other people. Our healer got the mana stone and said he would stay until another healer showed up. Grakken showed up.

Our mage was logging but said he would stay until another showed up so the group could continue. Grakken joined the party. Harms the mage left the party. Grakken then left the party and told me to solo it or leave.

He wanted that #1 slot. The moment his friend Masterize (Monk) and a druid show up I asked if they wanted to party for the camp (Again you can check screenshots of the chat at the start of the thread). They said no that I was too weak and need to leve. Masterize then said he was going to do a /petition x3 and post in the forums. Masterize didn't post in the forums though Grakken did.

Again the chat logs are there. I never demanded anything from them. I offered to do with each person there. They tried to refuse and hoped I would log out but I had already been at that camp since 4/5am in the morning and it was around midnight when this happened (Or shortly after the server crashed).

So no. I didn't feel entitled to them helping. After each of them refused to help I disengaged in chat. I didn't come to the forums and cry about it. I didn't do a /petition demanding they engage or leave /list.

The moment a friendly mage and druid duo showed up and started fighting it I immediately re-engaged in fighting just like I would have if Grakken himself started fighting. And after that moment everything was back to normal camp wise.

Never held a camp hostage. Someone tried to push me off the /list and failed drastically.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

would still love to know the current status of this camp - it doesnt appear that sleep happened, so is this list still on pause?
Closed Thread