Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Nro isn't really a group hotspot. Oasis has people though.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

One thing that is awesome about original EQ is you can make some sweet groups. Basically any combination can do well. Tons of classes can tank at low levels and there are some fun combos like bard/rogue, enchanter, warrior. You just need to be creative, and shamans are FANTASTIC for group combos since they bring so much to the table. My 15 shaman is in Unrest and people love me.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid, Shaman, Paladin, Ranger, Monk, Wizard. Paladin uses Deepwater helm to heal Shaman that's casting Cannibalize non-stop and healing the Monk tank while the Druid CCs, the monk tanks, and the ranger and wizard beat the mob up. I got more experience in such a short time frame in that group in Karnor's Castle than I ever did before and it lasted for hours. Sometimes you just gotta figure out what works by finding new ways of doing things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank goodness! I was afraid that, even though this is the "Classic Experience", people's attitudes would've changed and we'd have a bunch of min-maxers running around demanding that all groups at all times have Clerics and Warrior (or I guess Knights instead, whatever it was in Velious) :P

Quote:
Take a look at the guild discussions thread. There are a lot of guilds that do not have level requirements and are friendly to players that are new to the server or even the game.
I did. I just see a fair amount of petty shit-talking, e.g., the <Young> thread. I'll just have to sift a bit harder to find the golden nugget in the giant turd that is online gaming forums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Bone chips, silk, you name it!
Quote:
And yes, you can very much still sell silk and pelts in EC. Just the other day I sold 30 stacks of spider silk and walked off with a good chunk of plat in my pockets and a mage looking forward to a ton of combines behind me. It might take a while before someone bites, but that seems to go for a lot of the things being sold there anyway.
Makes me regret selling so much. Maybe I can scavenge a bit from the Qeynos merchants before I leave and try to turn a profit or something. :3

But it's relieving to know that the old ways of making money still work; ports, buffs, and trade skill / casting components that even level 1s can farm.

Quote:
EDIT: I guess it's bad I'm talking about "oh grouping is easy" when my signature says "PERMANENTLY LFG"
Signatures are serious business. :3
Old 06-03-2011, 12:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, besides some solo guard camping, HHK is a ghost town these days. Noone camps LR, WR, or RR anymore. And since those camps have like 5 mobs each and crap for loot, it's really not that suprising. Looking back, I'm still amazed that back in the day on live those were 3 separate camps.
Judging by the number of camp disputes I get here on a weekly basis. This is sadly untrue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not sure what else you may have been looking for in terms of answers. It is important to note that trains happen and you will die (sometimes a few times on a given day). It's part of the fun in a way. For example, Unrest is fairly train prone. Fighting stuff in the Main Room or Fireplace could be challenging as it is but add in the occasional train and that moment when you all need to haul it out to the zone line and it adds some excitement to the game. The best times I have had in game were in places where death was always lurking around the corner.. The dullest times were spent grinding XP in relative absolute safety (Overthere, Oasis, etc). It was fun going deep into SolA with a group a few weeks ago. We always kept the nearest exits in mind (and had to use them a few times) and had a great time exploring. The battles where people almost die or the party almost wipes were exhilarating to survive.
Once you get enough levels under your belt, head to Befallen, Guk or Unrest or Najena (Najena however is a bring your own group place though as is Befallen but it's easy to pull people together). It's great fun fighting in these zones. Great XP and some nice loot at times. You could also head to Kunark and hit Kurn's tower.
-----------------------
Last edited by Striiker; 06-03-2011 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Added content
Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by the number of camp disputes I get here on a weekly basis. This is sadly untrue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously? I've stopped by HHK a few times for bard songs, and every time I see <7 people in zone and they are all different level ranges (not close enough that I would think they would be in 1 group).

TIL...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank goodness! I was afraid that, even though this is the "Classic Experience", people's attitudes would've changed and we'd have a bunch of min-maxers running around demanding that all groups at all times have Clerics and Warrior (or I guess Knights instead, whatever it was in Velious) :P

I did. I just see a fair amount of petty shit-talking, e.g., the <Young> thread. I'll just have to sift a bit harder to find the golden nugget in the giant turd that is online gaming forums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Makes me regret selling so much. Maybe I can scavenge a bit from the Qeynos merchants before I leave and try to turn a profit or something. :3

But it's relieving to know that the old ways of making money still work; ports, buffs, and trade skill / casting components that even level 1s can farm.

Signatures are serious business. :3

Welcome to Project 1999 where it means something to be a player in the game. You're in our world, now!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Some advice from a relative newcomer

Stormhowl,

BB is fine for levels 4-11 or thereabouts. After that, definitely HEAD EAST. I left at lvl 11.

First thing, put your LFG tag on. You will get tells, eventually. Nightly, I usually get one within 5 minutes. I did Oasis from level 11-17 in groups. Croc/caiman group or Orc HW groups are good. I also went to Befallen; it is great exp, but get in a good group! You will gain exp consistently and should be leveling around 1 bub every 30 minutes or so.

I've been at Guk now at lvl 18. You can obviously stay there a while. As for starting a group, it's really easy. Just make sure everyone knows their role and there's no crossover. For example, you want one main tank in Guk to /assist. Two wouldn't be good. You'll go through ok groups to amazing groups. It's all good though. I know dying sucks, but unfortunately it does happen!

When I played before as a wizard, I used to solo a lot. Now the community is great for grouping! You will meet some extremely nice and caring people now. Others are also quite generous with newbie gear.

Xaxian
Last edited by WizardEQ; 06-03-2011 at 02:34 PM..
Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oasis gets good traffic. Usually a group (or 2, or 3) in oasis killing crocs or at orc highway or whatever
The last few times I have been in Oasis there have been 20-30 people in the zone. You could also check out Kurns around that level instead.
Closed Thread