Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

I killed 10 white con goblins in highkeep solo and 10 white con goblins solo in perma the results were astonishing - I, However, will not share my findings with you lazy losers.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are analyzing this way too much. The reason for posting the percentage differences in the news post was not so that people could know exactly what the new ZEMs are, and people need to stop acting like they are entitled to know that. The reason we posted the percentage is so people know that some zones that were not worth exp'ing in before may now be worth it.

What some people have said is true, if a zone had a very low modifier before and it was increased by 50%, it's possible the new ZEM value is still lower than other zones. Whether that's the case or not, I'm not divulging. The point of all of this was, if you previously avoided a zone because it gave bad XP, well now it gives 50%, or 66%, or 88% more than it was before. So, go give it another shot.

You spent over a decade trying to (though let's not argue about the clearly non classic things there) deflect all the requests by players, in order to keep things classic on Blue for over a decade.

And this is a prime example of one.

Who gives a shit if no one went to those zones?
WHY must they go there?

One of the best things about them is that they ARE out of the way and therefore less populated.

If people are lazy and goto Guk, Mistmoore, City of Mist and Karnors, then let them - let the herd be the herd.

Quit trying to shoe horn the success of Green by making non classic changes.
Either it's good on it's own or it's not
Old 03-28-2020, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Permafrost if you wish to travel that far for XP will offer the absolute highest ZEM in the game. It's actually crazy (higher than original Crushbone) but really cool if the zone starts getting used. A ZEM that high could even accommodate full groups without it feeling too punishing.
Wow that spreadsheet. Big thumbs up. I'm glad I can finally go somewhere besides Unrest now too.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

As someone who really doesn't care about being the first to get to x lvl or loot x or kill x or whatever (i feel that there was a time for that like 20 years ago). Just chiming in to say that this is all really awesome.

Haven't logged in after a while cause all my mates disappeared after the merge, this might just be the incentive to get back in there.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Also, kind of ironic that most people complain about the bottleneck of zones and over population ( except the people who it doesn't effect negatively ), then the same people are barking that a change was implemented to address it.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Why do people behave like it's impossible to group in lower ZEM zones? If high ZEM zones are full, put together a group for a lower ZEM zone that actually has camps available.

I've done that plenty of times while leveling and very, very rarely will people turn down the opportunity to Exp somewhere just because it has low ZEM or takes a little effort to get to.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Aviak

I just want to add my 2cents. I'm only salty about this for purely selfish reasons. Every one stay outta kedge, let me keep farming it please! Appreciate the understanding
Old 03-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Kobold

I didn't find all that much difference in the changes. I was in highkeep a lot killing guards, I would go to Cazic and kill in the sewers when all the guards were taken. Before the patch and after the patch I didn't notice a ton of difference. Cazic gave a little bit more exp I noticed, but High keep's exp was still really good. I'm not saying they compared to each other because some of the guards in HHK were green while the Cazic mobs were still pretty blue. So I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying the difference that they posted didn't change the outcome as much as it looked like it would.

When they took some of the exp out of HHK and what they gave to Cazic Thule I thought there's no doubt CT would be better. It's marginally better solo killing. The main difference is CT mobs have a lot more hp's than HHK guards.

Amount of mobs available, population of zone, resists, hitpoint pools, drops, cash loots, all of it goes into consideration when comparing hunting areas. Can have the highest ZEM and best drops but if it's so packed you can't get a group or find a mob roaming it doesn't matter.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spent over a decade trying to (though let's not argue about the clearly non classic things there) deflect all the requests by players, in order to keep things classic on Blue for over a decade.

And this is a prime example of one.

Who gives a shit if no one went to those zones?
WHY must they go there?

One of the best things about them is that they ARE out of the way and therefore less populated.

If people are lazy and goto Guk, Mistmoore, City of Mist and Karnors, then let them - let the herd be the herd.

Quit trying to shoe horn the success of Green by making non classic changes.
Either it's good on it's own or it's not
See, people really need to stop assuming there is one fully agreed-upon definition of the term "classic" in a project like this. To my memory, zones like CT were always packed in classic, you could just waltz in and get a pickup group as basically any class, just like MM is currently. To me, that by definition makes this a very classic change, if it sees those zones populated again.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't find all that much difference in the changes. I was in highkeep a lot killing guards, I would go to Cazic and kill in the sewers when all the guards were taken. Before the patch and after the patch I didn't notice a ton of difference. Cazic gave a little bit more exp I noticed, but High keep's exp was still really good. I'm not saying they compared to each other because some of the guards in HHK were green while the Cazic mobs were still pretty blue. So I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying the difference that they posted didn't change the outcome as much as it looked like it would.

When they took some of the exp out of HHK and what they gave to Cazic Thule I thought there's no doubt CT would be better. It's marginally better solo killing. The main difference is CT mobs have a lot more hp's than HHK guards.

Amount of mobs available, population of zone, resists, hitpoint pools, drops, cash loots, all of it goes into consideration when comparing hunting areas. Can have the highest ZEM and best drops but if it's so packed you can't get a group or find a mob roaming it doesn't matter.
This is all the legit truth, especially the bolded paragraph but also the general impact of the changes. However the majority playerbase only sees the % increase change and forever declares Paw/Perma to be "the best XP in the game" nearly without being willing to even test and compare. On the plus side it does spread things out a bit for those of us not locking tunnel vision into the new update who are still willing to do stuff like Highkeep and SolA which remain very nice ZEM zones despite the "nerf".
Last edited by Fammaden; 04-01-2020 at 12:13 PM..
Closed Thread