Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfectly valid fantasy name?
Ya ixlottlal is kewl as fux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A swift name change
I want to see everyones best efforts at spotting illegal names in this thread. U get the most killshots by kunark drop an u get 10 free manastones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making yourself feel a little bit better knowing you made someone's day a little bit shittier? How long does that last?
I was triggered by Human Resources implications. And the Save thing. Like I don't need HR to save me xude. They are so terrible at deciding who is right and wrong. It seems like this player is MASQUARADING as something they are not, A GM perhaps.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

K see this is what I am talking about - wtf....
Old 03-31-2020, 11:22 AM
Server GM

We rely on player reports for name violations. Please petition if you see a name that violates the naming policy.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making yourself feel a little bit better knowing you made someone's day a little bit shittier? How long does that last?
Or, this server has rules in place made by people giving you something for free. So, sorry for helping people giving you something for free?
Old 03-31-2020, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the word on names like Iloxoll ?
I actually grouped with that guy recently. What is the reference, other than it is a heck of a name to read? If it is some sort of gamer 133t reference, I don't speak 133t.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We rely on player reports for name violations. Please petition if you see a name that violates the naming policy.
I very much appreciate your response. I apologize if this thread seemed like a call to action for the GMs to respond.

I just wanted to create a fun thread for players to participate in and bring more awareness to the player base about naming. More like a game of find the worst naming violation egg hunt.

Anyway you all do a fantastic job already and deserve a ton of credit. There's really very few egregious violations that slip through the cracks. P99 is really good at creating a fun and immersive elf environment and the Staff are a very big part of that.

The best I hope and pray for is that a few people think twice about how they will feel with a really divisive or anatomically provocative name and how other players will feel. Being considerate, thoughtful, and caring are very important values of mine.

Thank you!
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-31-2020 at 12:08 PM..
Old 03-31-2020, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2020, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Please keep complaints to racist, lazy or horribly misspelled names.

Don't fuck with silly-ass names otherwise.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please keep complaints to racist, lazy or horribly misspelled names.

Don't fuck with silly-ass names otherwise.
Understood.

/thread
Old 03-31-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
horribly misspelled names.
Do you mean like 'nonphixion' (non fiction)?

Does 'Twofor' count as a harmless silly name? (I haven't reported either).
Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you mean like 'nonphixion' (non fiction)?

Does 'Twofor' count as a harmless silly name? (I haven't reported either).
I remember seeing a female wood elf (or high elf, I forget) on blue a few years ago named "Barbieghurrl" or something close to it. That one stuck with me because the spelling made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.