Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making yourself feel a little bit better knowing you made someone's day a little bit shittier? How long does that last?
Driud isn’t an illegal name.

Why the heck would Save Yourself be “offensive” to you? You need more things to occupy your time
Old 04-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Driud isn’t an illegal name.

Why the heck would Save Yourself be “offensive” to you? You need more things to occupy your time
It's not about being offensive, its a naming convention that you agree to follow when you click that little button to play. You people overreact too much. I"m sure you speed, pass stopped school buses and lick the deli meat.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember seeing a female wood elf (or high elf, I forget) on blue a few years ago named "Barbieghurrl" or something close to it. That one stuck with me because the spelling made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
You could say it made you 'hurrl'!
Old 04-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Banned

Hurrl is appropriate for a troll or ogre, maybe even a dworf, but Barbie(TM)(c)(inc) is not appropriate for an elf.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not about being offensive, its a naming convention that you agree to follow when you click that little button to play. You people overreact too much. I"m sure you speed, pass stopped school buses and lick the deli meat.
I'm sure you reminded the teacher when she forgot to assign homework before the bell rang, and you correct cashiers when you notice the person ahead of you was about to get charged less than they should have been.

I can't believe there's actually a thread dedicated to snitching on people for the crime of trying to having a name that makes people laugh. Because we all know there are many roleplayers on this server, and all 3 of them are having their I M M E R S I O N ruined.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I"m sure you speed
Outside of a residential area, who doesn't speed? What are you, 100?
Old 04-01-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure you reminded the teacher when she forgot to assign homework before the bell rang, and you correct cashiers when you notice the person ahead of you was about to get charged less than they should have been.

I can't believe there's actually a thread dedicated to snitching on people for the crime of trying to having a name that makes people laugh. Because we all know there are many roleplayers on this server, and all 3 of them are having their I M M E R S I O N ruined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside of a residential area, who doesn't speed? What are you, 100?
My feelings were hurt very deeply by these reckless and thoughtless posts that have left me emotionally maimed.

Please think of the elves and the health of this project and the sanity of the GMs. We have better things to do with our time than race to be the 1st at absolutely everything and to risk breaking copywrite or creating a hostile and toxic online environment with the names we choose. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am so sorry for the mean responses I thought of, I hope this is sufficiently moderate.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I very much appreciate your response. I apologize if this thread seemed like a call to action for the GMs to respond.

I just wanted to create a fun thread for players to participate in and bring more awareness to the player base about naming. More like a game of find the worst naming violation egg hunt.

Anyway you all do a fantastic job already and deserve a ton of credit. There's really very few egregious violations that slip through the cracks. P99 is really good at creating a fun and immersive elf environment and the Staff are a very big part of that.

The best I hope and pray for is that a few people think twice about how they will feel with a really divisive or anatomically provocative name and how other players will feel. Being considerate, thoughtful, and caring are very important values of mine.

Thank you!
You're a loser. lmao.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a loser. lmao.
Thank you for your input. I am really glad I do not personally feel that way.

Is there some way I can help you not feel so negatively towards nice people like myself? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would very much appreciate it if you stopped attempting to hurt my feelings. Because I want to see you thrive as an individual and Elf netizen.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Banned

Passionfruit Poosicle?
Closed Thread