Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Kobold

DAOC hands down best pvp game.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Also since seeing this thread im hard up for a good pvp mmo that plays like daoc. Need it now!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also since seeing this thread im hard up for a good pvp mmo that plays like daoc. Need it now!
Come check out that DAoC Diablo server I mentioned a few posts ago, it's mainly PvE but in a fun way. Get a load of this craziness:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-12-2014 at 03:09 PM..
Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Skeleton

Well, as we have seen from all the past daoc sessions, usually people go Mid first and Hib gets alot of people too, maybe it ould be smart to go to Alb ? after all, all of the realms are interesting and cool, but we could bring some balance into this thing. I for mysef dont really care wich realm we go, played em all. Up to you guys.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Kobold

This is going to be a very memorable experience for me, and Hibernia is my favorite realm overall, with the landscape and the generally friendlier people you'll meet there. I want to have the best experience possible, so I don't really care much for population imbalances. It will balance itself out over time. And who knows what kind of rules they'll have for a realm lock? Maybe a long timer to switch realms so switching between realms won't be so easy.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

So I rerolled a Shaman on the D2 server, the server is some good temporary fun, met a few level-headed players and did the Main Quest series with them for a few hours. What I really like about this server is that the Main Quests take you all over different places in various DAoC expansions, zones I haven't been to since 2005, when I played live for the last time. It's been customized so much that any class can solo all the way up till 80, with the faster XP rate and AE spells/abilities. You're also able to fully respec your class at any level, so you can mess around with various specs and see what you like better without having to invest alot of time into leveling up, and eventually mobs start to give RP too, so you're able to see how various RAs can work for you.

This server is a PvE Co-op type, meaning classes from all 3 realms are able to group & communicate with each other. Anyway, if anyone here decides to make a character and give it a try, my in-game name is Brooklyn, an L54 Shaman.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-14-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Banned

Uthgaard needs to hurry up already, I'm to excited to start fresh!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

most clunky mmo in the history of mmos. so many good ideas, so poorly executed
Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Because movement is a bit more realistic? Were you hoping for something more like WoW?
Old 07-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because movement is a bit more realistic? Were you hoping for something more like WoW?