Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 49 enchanter in rags i never use(not played in ages) Can i PL a druid friend of mine from 24 to 30? How would I go forward? Help appreciated
I forget what the equation for grouping but the best way to “power-level” him would be get him in range to group with you and duo lower guk and he will fly through levels. Enchanters can’t power level very well except like 1-15 and even then you need to be well geared and have money to burn on peridots for rune
Old 07-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Kobold

750pph
Old 07-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Necro-specific - what about PBAOE coupled with FD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an over simplified summary of PL'ing in my own humble opinion:

Bards : best PL'er , can do all the way to 60 if they desired. You can aoe non damage aggro, silly DS stacking potential, regen and every other tool in the book

Druid: can probably take you up to 40ish before it just becomes out of group duo which is probably the loosest version of a "powerlevel" you can feasibly describe. Really just heal snare thorns is all you need

Enchanter: aoe non damage aggro, runes, some neat DS stackability but ultimately, I think you need somewhat decent gear to do this past like level 15 and it's still basically on par with druid imo.

Flop PL (necro monk): slowest , most tedious method. FD class nearly kills mob, you have to finish it off. Only works with 1 mob at a time. Not really even a PL, I wouldnt pay for this service but if a friend offered to do it, then sure I'll participate. The monk will get a red con mob to 5% and it starts fleeing while you furiously try to do 5% damage to the red con mob on your low level wizard with no skills or mana whatsoever and then the other half the time the monk / necro will accidentally kill the mob before scenario one can ensue.

The real draw of powerleveling is being able to use a high level bard. If you're not using a high level bard then you're already only capable of PL'ing for roughly half the total levels in the game and not even the profitable half. You can charge by the hour but I feel this is not a good way to operate if you are a sane person. Imagine the effort of PL'ing someone and know you still have 48 minutes before you get another tick of 500p.

This my 2cents on PL's
Love this detail and input! Regarding Necro PL:

For lower level PL, would it be feasible for a necro to PBAOE a bunch of mobs (ie max 25 mobs) and then FD once they're all about 5%? Would have to exercise caution / pick correct PBAOE so as to not kill the mobs, of course.

I haven't PL'd a ton on my necro but definitely see some potential with the FD approach, perhaps utilizing PBAOE might get around the "one mob at a time" factor?
Old 07-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forget what the equation for grouping but the best way to “power-level” him would be get him in range to group with you and duo lower guk and he will fly through levels. Enchanters can’t power level very well except like 1-15 and even then you need to be well geared and have money to burn on peridots for rune
Enchanter can power level 40 to 60 decently only cause enchanter charm solo/duo will out exp a full group pretty easily
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 07-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter can power level 40 to 60 decently only cause enchanter charm solo/duo will out exp a full group pretty easily
Interesting.... time to go interrogate my boyfriend about why he hasn't been using his Enchanter to Powerlevel me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 07-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love this detail and input! Regarding Necro PL:

For lower level PL, would it be feasible for a necro to PBAOE a bunch of mobs (ie max 25 mobs) and then FD once they're all about 5%? Would have to exercise caution / pick correct PBAOE so as to not kill the mobs, of course.

I haven't PL'd a ton on my necro but definitely see some potential with the FD approach, perhaps utilizing PBAOE might get around the "one mob at a time" factor?
No because your low level person wont be able to kill that last 5% in time before they all disperse. A lvl 1-5 trying to kill a red con at even 1% takes forever.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going off of that, here's a couple untested variations for enchanter PLing post 15ish:

(1) Enchanter charms a monster, has it fight a second monster, when pet is 10% release it. Then use elemental illusion+damage shield+stun technique while lowbie tags the former pet. Do the same on the second monster. Using the experience table and ZEMs (https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience_table) It might be possible to ensure the max experience gain of 11% from each.

(2) Enchanter charms a strongish pet and drags it to an area with weaker monsters. Buff it with haste, give it a couple weapons then release and root. Continually charm nearby weaker.monsters and release as they get to 10%, then finish them using the DS/stun aggro technique. This should hopefully go faster than the first idea.

Thoughts? Could this compete with bard PL or still too slow?
Last edited by Abominog; 07-11-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Banned

Bards bards bards for example I can PL a pbaoe class from 35 to 46 in 3hrs good luck getting that speed with another class
Old 07-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

There was a bard with a fairly high profile a few years back that had a detailed PLvling service in his Sig. Can't recall his name right now. His numbers would be a good resource to tap into if someone could remember his name...

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Banned

Back in Chardok days I always felt the only people that could possibly offer faster PL than my necro was the AOEs. Chanters can do the same thing. I've heard some tales of Monks doing some impressive upper level PL as well.
Closed Thread