Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

As a 60 necro, flop PL is actually decent - I don't do one mob at a time, up until the PL target is > 50, it works quite well to root rot 4 or so level 45 mobs and as long as they can hit them with a ranged weapon attack (arrow or throwing dagger) for 1 damage, they get full Xp as splurt kills them with enough leeway to get the tag on all.

When a level 35 is doing the tagging, this gets capped xp (6%) x 4 mobs, so about 24% of level per round (which is about once every 5 minutes in a good zone).
Old 07-11-2019, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Druid PL is slower for sure, but one upside is into the 20s-30s when the PL receiver starts tanking the mobs with thorns, they'll be able to cap out their offensive and defensive skills compared to sitting afk with a bard.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 49 enchanter in rags i never use(not played in ages) Can i PL a druid friend of mine from 24 to 30? How would I go forward? Help appreciated
24 to 30 is doable probably. Depending on the druids mana pool you can AoE PL for a bit, just tag a shitload of level 25 mobs and stun them while the druid AoEs them down. Keep DS's up as well so anything that resists stun, which will be rare if they are 25 and you are 49, still takes damage. Easier on a wizard or mage though, since their PBAoEs are a bit more efficient. PLd my own wizard this way on Agnarr and it worked great.

Sol A is a good place to start.
Last edited by Halfcell; 07-12-2019 at 02:53 AM..
Old 07-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, don't PL in Sol A (or you know, any other zone thats usually packed with XP'ers in lvl range)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sol A is a good place to start.
No, just no.

Find an out of the way place that doesn't get a lot of traffic. Sol A may not have the numbers that Mistmoore has at this level but still plenty of people group up here.

My general rule of thumb for pl'ing and getting pl'd is if there's more than one actual xp group in the area move out.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, don't PL in Sol A (or you know, any other zone thats usually packed with XP'ers in lvl range)
Packed is a pretty serious overstatement regarding Sol A. Eight or nine times out of ten you will be alone in that zone. Of course, never ever put yourself in a position as a powerleveler to be stealing mobs from or in any way impeding the experience of level appropriate xp groups.

I just suggested Sol A because the xp is great, the mobs are dense and easy to gather, and it's not very packed most of the time.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

You and I have had very different experiences in Sol A if you find it empy half the time. There is almost always a group doing goblins due to the xp being great, mobs being dense / easy to pull, and money. The same reasons why you like to PL there.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Befallen be best, followed by Unrest.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a 60 necro, flop PL is actually decent - I don't do one mob at a time, up until the PL target is > 50, it works quite well to root rot 4 or so level 45 mobs and as long as they can hit them with a ranged weapon attack (arrow or throwing dagger) for 1 damage, they get full Xp as splurt kills them with enough leeway to get the tag on all.

When a level 35 is doing the tagging, this gets capped xp (6%) x 4 mobs, so about 24% of level per round (which is about once every 5 minutes in a good zone).
XP cap isn't 6%, at least it wasn't as of a few days ago when I did a mail quest on a level 1.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

I believe he's saying that once the recipient (of the PL) hits *lvl 35*, they can only attain a max of 6% exp per kill. Up to that point, you can definitely get more exp per kill/quest/etc
Closed Thread