Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Skeleton

Default Greedy Wizards and Druids

I get that you're entitled, and spoiled, by rich folks, but if your first response is to complain because you didn't get the tip you wanted for a port (that you also didn't specifically ask for), then you can rightly go fuck yourself.

I just don't get it. Perhaps you can, instead, tell me what you feel is appropriate so I can judge whether or not your time is worth it to me. Don't make me guess when, clearly, your expectations are through the roof, just so you can pitch a fit when you don't get it.

Isn't it all just money anyway? When all you're doing is standing around being useless in ecom and you have nothing better to do, and the entire process is free anyway, shouldn't you be thankful you get anything at all?

I'm sure there will be a bunch of people lining up to tell me where I'm wrong about this, but let's go back to point #1 here; if it's important to you, form a fucking a union and set a price already.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:46 PM
Skeleton

Maybe we can also use this time to discuss what an acceptable payment is, anyway. I usually pay what I can afford that is, at the very least, not going to be more expensive than what I'll actually make when I go somewhere for a group or whatever. I'm sure other people toss around several times more than me, but tip culture is inherently open, and whining about it just makes no sense.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

1pp per level.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-22-2020, 05:54 PM
Banned

yea, i give 50pp for my ports.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:52 PM
Kobold

do NOT give 1p per level. expecting a level 9 to tip 9p per port is gross
Old 02-22-2020, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Ah, the nose pickers lurking on RNF strike again!
Old 02-22-2020, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When all you're doing is standing around being useless in ecom and you have nothing better to do, and the entire process is free anyway, shouldn't you be thankful you get anything at all?
You entitled little bitch.

When someone is sitting in EC tunnel medding up because ports cost fucking mana, their time is just worth shit to you, but you can't be bothered to fucking take three minutes and send a couple of tells to various porters asking them what the usual fare is?

But you can take the time to post your rancid little diatribe here?
Old 02-22-2020, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

I've only had this offered once while porting, but it was probably my favorite method of payment. The guy told me I had the option of accepting 1pp per level, or /random his level x2. I chose the random option because it was more fun, rolled a 19, and got less than the 50 I would have had I taken the flat rate. 10/10, would do it again.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:10 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You entitled little bitch.

When someone is sitting in EC tunnel medding up because ports cost fucking mana, their time is just worth shit to you, but you can't be bothered to fucking take three minutes and send a couple of tells to various porters asking them what the usual fare is?

But you can take the time to post your rancid little diatribe here?
10/10 post, had a great laugh. Thank you.

While you're moaning, perhaps you can explain to me how it is more efficient for me to ask dozens of people and calculate the average payment through those responses of an ever inflating economy and highly varied amounts dependent on personal wealth and otherwise generous offerings instead of just having one person nut up and tell me what is an acceptable payment for their time instead of cowering behind your own fear of looking greedy? At the very least, the responsibility is equal from where I'm sitting. I certainly won't be offended if you give me a number and I don't like it, and I'm also certain I can find someone else who doesn't care nearly as much as you do.

And maybe you missed this with your furious keyboard slapping, I dunno;

Quote:
Maybe we can also use this time to discuss what an acceptable payment is, anyway.
At any rate, thanks for your reply.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornisthebest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do NOT give 1p per level. expecting a level 9 to tip 9p per port is gross
I was going to say something similar, but it didn't seem like it was worth the effort. Without proper instruction, most new players don't know how to make money... it's not hard to learn them, but those types of players are rare I suppose.
Closed Thread