Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzeric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That has its ups and downs as a youngling as it forces you to to be EXTREMELY picky about ports and restricts the exploration of the game
This is fine. You can get everywhere by walking and taking boats. Exploration isn't really rewarding if someone drops you off at the front gate.

Quote:
The "establishment" of ports (really we cant say their name here?)
Of course you can say their name, or whoever's name. This is the specific forum for doing so. It's encouraged.

Quote:
But to label the population as greedy $ mongers I just don't see it.
For every person who accuses people of being greedy there is an equal and opposite accusation of cheapness, so they cancel each other out.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:14 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For every person who accuses people of being greedy there is an equal and opposite accusation of cheapness, so they cancel each other out.
And then there are people like you who obviously can't read, because I didn't mention the word greedy at all in the OP. It wasn't even an implication until your dumb post later in the thread.

The point is and will always remain to be; if you're expecting an amount and you didn't get it, throwing a fit about it is not an effective way to go about resolving the problem.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then there are people like you who obviously can't read, because I didn't mention the word greedy at all in the OP. It wasn't even an implication until your dumb post later in the thread.

The point is and will always remain to be; if you're expecting an amount and you didn't get it, throwing a fit about it is not an effective way to go about resolving the problem.
Tell the porter in the first message you send to him the amount your paying and let him decide if its worth his time to port you.

For me its like this.

/tell Druid :Hi Port from BB ring to Ferrott ring 1-19 plat
/tell You :Nope

or

/tell Druid :Hi Port from BB ring to Ferrott ring 20 plat
/tell You :Sure be there in a minute

If you think that's unreasonable take the boat. With the mana I use up porting you I could have killed 2 hill giants and made between 20 and 80 plat potentially.

If you think the service of ports is valueless then it is also equally valueless for me or another porter to port you around.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mention the word greedy at all in the OP. It wasn't even an implication until your dumb post later in the thread.
What are you some kind of a fucking idiot?

The thread title is Greedy Wizards and Druids.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzeric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now if there was a fast way to get a bind at 3am that would be worth $ too as there seems to very little population in the towns. Changing a bind on p99 if your a new guy takes hours of /ooc begging.
The guild may be called 'dial a port', but they do a lot of other services too. Depending on your destination, they may oblige to running over a zone line or two to bind you as long as you make that part of your request. Hell, if your destination is surefall or gfay they can bind you right there!

A couple times I've done cross-continent item transfers using them. Give them a bag in EC tunnel to give to your new toon over in GFAY. I try to tip a iittle extra for that service but it's always an option too!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 02-27-2020, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Glad you said it because it was exactly what I was thinking.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:03 PM
Skeleton

Quote:

That is not the OP, that is the thread title.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell the porter in the first message you send to him the amount your paying and let him decide if its worth his time to port you.

For me its like this.

/tell Druid :Hi Port from BB ring to Ferrott ring 1-19 plat
/tell You :Nope

or

/tell Druid :Hi Port from BB ring to Ferrott ring 20 plat
/tell You :Sure be there in a minute

If you think that's unreasonable take the boat. With the mana I use up porting you I could have killed 2 hill giants and made between 20 and 80 plat potentially.

If you think the service of ports is valueless then it is also equally valueless for me or another porter to port you around.
It's not so much of an issue now that I'm actually making money and can pay the prices people have been discussing here. The unreasonable expectation that had been placed and are hard to apply to lower levels was where I was coming from. At any rate, I got enough of an idea of what to expect now.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarsonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you say
"20 plat is way to much for a port"
And I say.
"Then take the boat, run all the way to where you want to go, and try not getting killed by mobs on your run. Good Luck!"

With a port your not only saving time, your buying safe travel. Not to mention buffs if you ask for them and if you put another 10plat on top of the port fee I'd even run to town and bind you if you needed.
This level of English competency is about what I expect from the average druid/wizard on P99
Old 02-27-2020, 06:38 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This level of English competency is about what I expect from the average druid/wizard on P99
Still not nearly as bad as the TLP servers.
Closed Thread