Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 07:08 AM
Aviak

Default People still comment charm is bad in groups.

I have charm in groups, from lvl 12 with a positive results, normaly i try to charm the more low level mobs of the camp to mitigate the charm breaks, This works fine, with a noticiable DPS, and i normaly can control charm breaks with color flux > mez > tash > charm, taking half 0 damage.

Sometimes charm breaks in worst moments, were you are CC trains, and you cant take fast the control of the pet, or sometimes pet resist the color flux, and you recive some hits until you deal with the mezz to take control again.

My surprise are comments about healers, and other enchanters , who no charm and prefer "nuke/buff/charm just for CC" about why in his opinion charm is not efficient in groups , and im really surprised about this, why they sem explain me his postures from a experienced point of view, and sems i just have no idea about what im doing.

Im in wrong? Are really charm in group no worth? Why i feel it works awersome.
Sycopata (Troll Warrior) 65 Clan Odisea -Solusek Ro
Last edited by sycopata666; 03-14-2020 at 07:17 AM..
Old 03-14-2020, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

If an enchanter doesn't charm, outside of a specific set of reasons like they're too low for the camp, then they're a fucking HORRIBLE player. Enchanters, with charm, are capable of the highest dmg in the game, this is even more true early in a release like on Green where melee don't have crazy twink items from Velious/Tunark.

Yeah.. wow..
Old 03-14-2020, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Charm is the single most powerful DPS spell in groups, if you have a decent healer in the group you 100% should use it if you aren’t semi afk
Old 03-14-2020, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Charm anyway lol. Show them that you know what you're doing and how nice your DPS is.

When/If i go enchanter when I start on new servers I'm one of those enchanters that start charming at 12 too lol. I love the risk:reward ratio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Christina.; 03-14-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Old 03-15-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

If you're at a shit camp where you have a dozen mobs and your grouo kills them all and is waiting on repops. HHK maybe comes to mind. Maybe some MM or Unrest camps. I will only charm if in the mood. It's not of benefit. You're not getting more exp because there isn't enough to sustain a charmed pet.

Charming is awesome though. The things it allows us to do should be punishable in elf court.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Charm is the only spell a chanter needs lol. Best spell in game. Even if it breaks a lot. Every group I have been in where enchanter charmed was 4+ lvls a session. Add a cleric to rez everyone if things go bad, and it is even better.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

Low levels are hard. Some people are naive about mechanics and the npc’s don’t have the hps/dps where a charmed pet can really shine. Fast forward to 50+ groups where a mid-40’s npc can have 8k+ hps and charmed pets easily justify their babysitting.

Ps: not justifying the whiners but clarifying scaling npc hp/dps
Old 03-16-2020, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Most common reasons for not charming in exp groups for me:
- not needed. Sometimes you have enough dps as it is and keep waiting on spawns
- needing to afk often. For example, you are home with a baby and might need to suddenly afk at any moment with no notice
- Not trusting the group's healer who should be watching the enc
Old 03-16-2020, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- needing to afk often. For example, you are home with a baby and might need to suddenly afk at any moment with no notice
Oh I remember trying to do that. The baby had no mercy and I died many deaths.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Banned

The sword pet is severely undervalued on this server. Charm is nice when you have a stable group with a tank that can anchor the mobs for you, but in a rag-tag duo/trio a swordpet-petwall with multiple chanters/pet classes will substantially outperform charming.
Closed Thread