Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 05:27 AM
Banned

Default This new server happening or is it time to really move on from The Project?

Where the love at?
Last edited by Sunderfury; 03-31-2020 at 10:18 AM..
Old 03-31-2020, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Red99 is awesome, thx. Try it, 90 ppl on now on the regular.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 is awesome, thx. Try it, 90 ppl on now on the regular.

At time of writing, Red99 is at 33, Rise of Zek at 98..
Old 03-31-2020, 10:17 AM
Former Guide

Do not bash staff in your rants, be more respectful. Only warning, OP edited.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:29 AM
Large Bat

lmao git cucked

it'll drop when it drops *shrug
Old 03-31-2020, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do not bash staff in your rants, be more respectful. Only warning, OP edited.
PRAS IT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

There were threads like this every single day up until red99 launch, the campaign was strong.

"when's red"

I came to EQ EMU because I heard about the legit and manly item loot guildwars serve. I found out that it was long gone, and started playing shards of dalaya. I was smashed vehemently in requests for PVP shards server, and so started doing the lords work here.

Now the pvp server is? 8? 10? years old. For about half of that or more people have been begging for a wipe because of the bad launch, unresponsive staff, corruption, generally high levels of toxic.

Now rumors are confirmed that a new server 2.0 is going to happen, eventually.

Good times ahead.

The existing server is still an amazing example of an emulated server, in fact its the best of its kind anywhere, to my knowlege. The playerbase for red doesn't have the passion and the community isn't strong enough to make R99 a good community.

We can see that the blue 99 community is insanely toxic as well, I would argue that it is more toxic. The difference is that there is a critical mass of non PVP everquest players to keep the non PVP servers active and alive.

For R99 server to thrive (any ruleset, any level of stillbirth and corruption) the R99 community will need to be not 2x less toxic than blue, but like 20x less toxic in order to keep the PVP blood flowing. It needs to be the best community that ever existed in a psychosis inducing highly addictive depression causing MMO.

Otherwise we will need fresh starts pretty often despite best efforts.

Magnetaress efforts are very solid and good. I do my part as well and if I could get active playtime I would be doing it in the game more often.

Keep up the good work team.

NOTE TO STAFF:

Don't communicate with this community through discord or other bullshit Q&A formats that a lot of people never get to hear or reference. It makes the knowledge hard to come by and these off-message board out-of-game communications are where all the corruption in the past began and flourished.

We get very little visible guide interactions here. , even the post from Sunderfury makes me feel pretty good and I am thankful for whiteknight for having invoked it, just so I know someone besides like the 6 people that post here are still clicking on this sub forum.

Thanks.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were threads like this every single day up until red99 launch, the campaign was strong.

"when's red"

I came to EQ EMU because I heard about the legit and manly item loot guildwars serve. I found out that it was long gone, and started playing shards of dalaya. I was smashed vehemently in requests for PVP shards server, and so started doing the lords work here.

Now the pvp server is? 8? 10? years old. For about half of that or more people have been begging for a wipe because of the bad launch, unresponsive staff, corruption, generally high levels of toxic.

Now rumors are confirmed that a new server 2.0 is going to happen, eventually.

Good times ahead.

The existing server is still an amazing example of an emulated server, in fact its the best of its kind anywhere, to my knowlege. The playerbase for red doesn't have the passion and the community isn't strong enough to make R99 a good community.

We can see that the blue 99 community is insanely toxic as well, I would argue that it is more toxic. The difference is that there is a critical mass of non PVP everquest players to keep the non PVP servers active and alive.

For R99 server to thrive (any ruleset, any level of stillbirth and corruption) the R99 community will need to be not 2x less toxic than blue, but like 20x less toxic in order to keep the PVP blood flowing. It needs to be the best community that ever existed in a psychosis inducing highly addictive depression causing MMO.

Otherwise we will need fresh starts pretty often despite best efforts.

Magnetaress efforts are very solid and good. I do my part as well and if I could get active playtime I would be doing it in the game more often.

Keep up the good work team.

NOTE TO STAFF:

Don't communicate with this community through discord or other bullshit Q&A formats that a lot of people never get to hear or reference. It makes the knowledge hard to come by and these off-message board out-of-game communications are where all the corruption in the past began and flourished.

We get very little visible guide interactions here. , even the post from Sunderfury makes me feel pretty good and I am thankful for whiteknight for having invoked it, just so I know someone besides like the 6 people that post here are still clicking on this sub forum.

Thanks.
I read it all. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. 11/11
Old 03-31-2020, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Remember when we were promised a 'Discord server' and completely misunderstood which kind of discord it would be?
Old 03-31-2020, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

We all have to realize we play here for free and when they feel like making a new server or doing something with the pvp community ...they will. They aren't obligated to do jack, truly. Until then if you still play on red go head and have fun. Heck, play other servers, other games etc. Diablo 2 PVP emus are fun, anarchy online is free, daoc is free, eq2 is free ( they have a PVP server I think) war hammer, elder scrolls online is free I think, Age of Conan has PVP go play a time line progression server on live ... Keep your self entertained until they open up our new server. I even have a heavy PVP game on my iPhone called World Of Kings lol
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Last edited by Christina.; 03-31-2020 at 04:13 PM..
Closed Thread