Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just plain old forgot

Been a long time. Started playing on this server after quitting back in 2000. Freaking awesome btw.. Question though. And not a lot online applies since there's 15 plus expansions they refer to that aren't used. Here's my question...

My sister plays a lvl 9 halfling cleric.. She was trying to support a lvl 5 de rogue buddy. None of her heals or buffs would hold in or out if group. Is there something we're forgetting? A lvl cap to stop power lvling? Something specific to p99? Just curious. Any help would be appreciated.

Enderite lvl 7 dwarf warrior
Old 06-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

If he turned in his tome of discord, you can't buff or heal him. Otherwise, there shouldn't be anything stopping you. Its possible that he had a higher level buff on, so your buff didn't stack. That could make it seem like the heals aren't doing anything too. A 5 hp heal isn't going to make any noticable difference if he has a ton of hp from buffs.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

I agree that either one person or the other handed in the tome of discord or the target had buffs already which blocked lower level buffs of the same line and/or very high HP from a buff pretty much negated the low level healing. You would still see a message though that you got healed and for how much.
-----------------------
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thats it! He turned in his tome of discord. Thanks for the help guys. Least he didn't lvl too far before we figured that out.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats it! He turned in his tome of discord. Thanks for the help guys. Least he didn't lvl too far before we figured that out.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you ask a GM nicely, they'll probably just flip him back to blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

If he stays red, he will be legend.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

Clearly we need to know the age of your sister.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you ask a GM nicely, they'll probably just flip him back to blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew many people who did this on live. The GMs can do it. But I am not sure if they will do it.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Aviak

I turned my book in on live around lvl 20 or 25, there was another red player on the server who was 30 and would hunt me down, wasn't so fun haha. Anyways I petitioned a GM to see if I could get changed back and I had to do a little quest to do it, collect bixie stingers and other vendor fodder stuff.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Isn't there a Priest of Order around Qeynos on P1999?