Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If everyone else is rolling and you decide that it doesn't apply to you, you're gonna have a bad time.
So Siryado is banned now? The server is a much better place for it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Banned

democracy is mob rule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
democracy is mob rule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But P99 is not a democracy, it's a consensus (minus one) system. You can't just get ten people to say "we want system X and there's only nine other people here so we get our way." It's "this only works if everyone ... except maybe that one freak named Siryado ... agrees".

Personally I'm a huge fan of consensus systems (I was chair of my college's student government for three terms and we ran everything by consensus; surprisingly it worked great). They're way harder to establish, but (depending on what you're doing) worth the trouble because they're way more stable.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-23-2019 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Siryado is banned now? The server is a much better place for it.
We should only hope. If they merely suspended him and deleted his quest item we'll have to suffer his nonsense for the window (until the unclassic variance is removed.).

Also, thanks for the clarification Llandris.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But P99 is not a democracy, it's a consensus (minus one) system. You can't just get ten people to say "we want system X and there's only nine other people here so we get our way." It's "this only works if everyone ... except maybe that one freak named Siryado ... agrees".

Personally I'm a huge fan of consensus systems (I was chair of my college's student government for three terms and we ran everything by consensus; surprisingly it worked great). They're way harder to establish, but (depending on what you're doing) worth the trouble because they're way more stable.
what ratio of dissent will abrogate the roll agreement?

also it was a joke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That was actually discussed at the formation of the agreement... if there was a good population of folks insisting on clickfest (not just 1 or 2 vs 25) then there obviously wouldnt be grounds for a consensus and nobody would be talking about an agreement being made. What actually happened is everyone except 1 agreed to stand off spawn and roll.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Actually, everyone agreed to roll and Siryado still clicked it in anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Mon Feb 18 15:00:08 2019] Siryado says, 'roll when it pop'
[Mon Feb 18 15:00:13 2019] Siryado says, 'pray u dont get fucked oer'
[Mon Feb 18 15:03:30 2019] Siryado says, 'weer fcking rolling'
[Mon Feb 18 15:36:34 2019] Siryado says, 'were rolling if floppin wins we all reroll'
[Mon Feb 18 15:43:51 2019] Siryado says, 'i got two chances to win'
[Mon Feb 18 15:43:55 2019] Siryado says, 'my rol and flopins rol'
Old 02-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

There's insight even in your joking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As Aaezil mentioned the exact degree of consensus was discussed, because it's never been set here. It seems pretty clear that "everyone but one asshole who wants to click" = consensus here, but it's unclear whether two assholes could shut down the entire agreement or not (and if not, would three be enough? etc.)

And then of course there's the time factor: Scout has been established for awhile, so even if three clickers showed up I still think the roll would be supported by staff ... but it's unclear if the same would be true for Shady.

Personally I think the staff could make all this a heck of a lot easier with some basic guidelines, but I also respect their desire to hold back and not try and force anything on the community that "the community" doesn't want. And I think waiting for a consensus is a totally reasonable way to do it ... as long as the one freak who thinks they can cut ahead of everyone by breaking that consensus doesn't get to benefit from that cutting ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, everyone agreed to roll and Siryado still clicked it in anyways.
And this is why I think he doesn't have a leg to stand on. It'd be one thing if he'd made a "principled" stand against rolling and said "I'm going to click anyway", but agreeing to the roll, rolling, and then cutting ahead when he didn't win should absolutely be punishable.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If everyone else is rolling and you decide that it doesn't apply to you, you're gonna have a bad time.
Thank you!
Old 02-27-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

So, can we revisit the 5 second roll and make it 10 or 15? Or does Kelz own the roll at this point?

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Closed Thread