Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default Verina Tomb is up right now

I logged on my mule to annoy people by saying "Verina Tomb is casting a spell" only to see her sitting there and no one watching.

You're welcome, I guess.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

dang
Old 01-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Thought about hatting over and trying to solo her quick, but meh. (Also I don't have a charged reaper, a soulfire, or a fully-charged wand of allure on me, either)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Still not engaged. But there's been an already-epic chanter from Tempest (Nolucky) running around looking like he wants to kill her, and a Tempest shaman just came in also.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

I started and finished the magician epic for my mage Akmenhotep because the Verina camp scared me off from trying for the enc epic for my enc Kashi
Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 AM
Kobold

I wish I had seen this last night, but thanks for posting this, Tecmos! Very cool of you to do, and also lets us know her ToD which often goes unreported.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started and finished the magician epic for my mage Akmenhotep because the Verina camp scared me off from trying for the enc epic for my enc Kashi
The reality of this statement, 8 years(?) after Kunark opening, saddens me =(
Old 01-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reality of this statement, 8 years(?) after Kunark opening, saddens me =(
Verina is really only doable by specific types of players. You have to have access to an on-demand friend/farm crew that will login to help you (batphone style). Not that I didn't have friends when i played, but I was never ever part of permanent farm crews/daily groups.

The mage epic was actually easier for me because I was able to purchase the earth stone MQ with DKP.

Even if I camped Verina, I would have had no one valuable to batphone for help.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But an enchanter can solo her...
Old 01-17-2019, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Verina is really only doable by specific types of players. You have to have access to an on-demand friend/farm crew that will login to help you (batphone style). Not that I didn't have friends when i played, but I was never ever part of permanent farm crews/daily groups.

The mage epic was actually easier for me because I was able to purchase the earth stone MQ with DKP.

She's soloable as a 60 enchanter. I've soloed her. You just have extra side quests to do to complete your epic. Like acquiring a reaper of the dead, soulfire (you will do this quest a bunch of times if you keep playing your enchanter in the end game), wand of allure, maybe some wort pots, maybe some pet gear and decent gear for yourself. It goes without saying, you need to know how to solo... These are things you will want to do anyway as a 60 enchanter. You may fail a couple times too (if you have reaper, soulfire, wand of allure or puppet strings and maybe some wort pots, you should wreck her face if you don't freak out and get too nervous)...

As far as I remember, with 170mr you resist all of her spells except she has a 5% chance to land root no matter what and she doesn't social agroe any other NPC in the zone. You can pull her around whole zone with only a small risk of being rooted, which shouldn't be fatal if it happens. The cultural smithing merchant in the back of the zone is the most powerful pet available but with a soulfire instead of just a reaper, you can probably take her down with a guard np and that's probably a less risky approach...
Closed Thread