Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chardok now has a +10 sta earring that will be very popular
Said earring is no drop. Save your money, Lor.
Though they may have mixed up bauble and bangle out of era?

https://web.archive.org/web/20020804...html?item=6851
Last edited by pasi; 02-11-2019 at 05:25 AM..
Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every 50+ warrior with few exceptions should have 2x bloodpoint and a truncheon of doom

The_Scimitar_of_Lifestealing + Silver_Whip_of_Rage or Blade_of_Tactics

i carry the ToD in the bag also... so watch out if i ask if i can hammer...you might end up dead.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 02-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The_Scimitar_of_Lifestealing + Silver_Whip_of_Rage or Blade_of_Tactics

i carry the ToD in the bag also... so watch out if i ask if i can hammer...you might end up dead.
None of this is relevant, OP already stated they are in a mid range casual guild which won't have access to any of this stuff.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Might as well mentino SoD's for a big upgrade
Old 02-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neck: +6 dragon neck, don't bother with dragon tooth choker

Waist: Spider Fur belt is an upgrade that is cheap. Blood Runed Girdle you pay a real premium for, which I don't think is worth it for you at this point.

Feet: if your guild kills vindi, boots of the vindicator

Face: Eyepatch of Plunder

Wrist: you didn't list your wrist items but you should have silver chitin wristband or be showing up at scout rolls for bracer of benevolence at this point. If you want to switch to giant faction now that you have most of your skyshrine loot. Warlord's bracer is a good warrior wrist if you can find a pickup WToV raid.

Ring: I don't know what your stamina is like, if it is close to 205 unbuffed yet or not but working towards your 9th ring would be good.

Ear: Earring of Essence + Black Sapphire Electrum Earring . The black sapphire electrum earrings gives 2ac 35hp for only 550pp each.

Shoulder: if you are going to spend money for a big ticket item. Matchless Dragonwing Mantle is the best droppable shoulder item for a warrior. they are like 40k though. 65hp

Back: once again....another big ticket item, upgrading from cloak of the crystalline waters to cloak of flames for the 50hp.

I'd say get the +6 dragon neck and the earrings for now until you get to 60 and then work on the rest of the list.
All of this and I would add for the Face slot you would be majorly upgrading without the quest time needed for the Eyepatch by just buying Crystal Spider Eyes or an Enshrouded Veil.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

I would sell the Cloak of Crystalline Waters and Skinner's belt to get a Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt and Maelstrom Cloak (or Hierophant's Cloak if you have the plat). Next, I'd upgrade the neck piece to get a +6 neck. Then I'd dump the Warrior Totem for an Idol of the Thorned. Crested Spaulders do need an upgrade as well, so I'd look into the Spirit Wracked Cord or Strength of the Elements Quest. I wouldn't worry so much about your resist stats until you hit 60, so the Orc Fang Earring and Cougar Claw Earring are fine for the time being. When you hit 60, dump the two earrings for an Earring of Essence and Black Sapphire Electrum Earring.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Fire Giant

Do you solo? If that's even possible at 58
Old 03-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbintha Hood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would sell the Cloak of Crystalline Waters and Skinner's belt to get a Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt and Maelstrom Cloak (or Hierophant's Cloak if you have the plat). Next, I'd upgrade the neck piece to get a +6 neck. Then I'd dump the Warrior Totem for an Idol of the Thorned. Crested Spaulders do need an upgrade as well, so I'd look into the Spirit Wracked Cord or Strength of the Elements Quest. I wouldn't worry so much about your resist stats until you hit 60, so the Orc Fang Earring and Cougar Claw Earring are fine for the time being. When you hit 60, dump the two earrings for an Earring of Essence and Black Sapphire Electrum Earring.
Good call on the Strength of Elements and Spirit Wracked Cord - both of those look awesome.

Figured I'd update and respond to everyone as I made a few purchases based on suggestions and (somewhat) have a plan going forward. More input is always welcome though!

Ended up buying Idol of Thorned and Earring of Essence because they're cheap and they seem like upgrades that will last for a while.

It seems like my next best bet is to save as much plat as possible and gun for 60 with the idea of purchasing a Fungi and Cloak of Flames (and selling my CoCW) when I'm close The exceptions to this would be JBoots and a Truncheon of Doom as it seems that would help me exp solo / duo in the times when I can't find a group. The JBoots will be for keeping me safe and for the questing I'm realizing I'm going to need to do at 60.

I mention questing because from the responses, it seems like most of my cost effective major available upgrades are going to come from quests, so I may as well get to 60 and then start focusing on that. Major quest items I will focus on...

Eyepatch of the Plunder
Strength of the Elements
Spirit Wracked Cord / Sarnak Ring Quest
Coldain Ring Quest
Belt of the Four Winds (going to need to figure out how I can get to Sky regularly to do this as its the main 41% haste I'm likely to see in my current guild)

In answer to the above poster - yes I CAN solo using DPS weapons and my clickie BP from HoT when all camps are full in KC - just have to be careful as x2 drolvargs simultaneously are a problem.

Any other input or suggestions to that list? Seems like "save your plat and get 60" with the exception of the JBoots and Truncheon is the best plan
Old 03-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Kobold

Lastly adding in a +6 Neck to that list of "Quest" items have a feeling I will just pay for Loot Rights but we'll see how we go
Old 03-05-2019, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Also Legday - good call probably will drop 1k / camp for Crystal Spider Eyes. Had my eyes on those for a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread