Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pleased to hear you’d rather sit around playing with yourself whilst ~5 people do anything useful for 5 hours. I’d love to have that much spare time. Also, believe it or not, there are other time zones than EST, hence Freedumb are constantly badgering Riot’s Eurasia playerbase to be competitive during ‘muricas off-peak.
This is just silly. For the same reason I don't want to play PUBG or CS:GO against bots, I don't want to play EQ raiding against nobody. I really hope Riot sticks around for a while because otherwise raiding just ceases to be fun until the next raiding guild emerges.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just silly. For the same reason I don't want to play PUBG or CS:GO against bots, I don't want to play EQ raiding against nobody. I really hope Riot sticks around for a while because otherwise raiding just ceases to be fun until the next raiding guild emerges.
You find staring at a wall listening to Furoar and Detoxx scream shit at you for 5+ hours fun?

You do you bro.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I remember; the petition was because FRAG held Lady N at 5-10% for over an hour on 2 separate engages (after wiping from the first engage) which is a clear-cut stall. The issue wasn't Vulak; it was that for over an hour FRAG prevented another guild from competing entirely on 2 targets while they "worked out a strategy"...
Wait, is rito complaining that someone used their own strategy against them? Or did you forget all the times rito stopped DPSing targets because someone else was locked to it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You find staring at a wall listening to Furoar and Detoxx scream shit at you for 5+ hours fun?

You do you bro.
If you think that's how raiding in FRAG works then I can only laugh my ass off at you.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think that's how raiding in FRAG works then I can only laugh my ass off at you.
I've raided under Furoar's "leadership", seen the screenshot and heard Detoxx's nasal breathing on YouTube videos... happy for you to enlighten me though.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This just isn't true. First of all, we wiped twice (for 3 total engages). After each wipe, any guild had ample time to engage and try themselves. None decided to - instead waiting for us to kill it so they'd have a free shot at Vulak. No single engage was over an hour. In fact, I don't think any of the engages were over 30 minutes. I know this because of a certain someone finding out how the enrage mechanic works (e.g. it refreshes). I was also the tank on the final engage, so pretty familiar with how long it took.

Additionally, at least according to traditional stall rules, that didn't count as a stall since we had a raid force actively engaged. The only rule that ever existed on this server about how fast you had to kill a mob was that you had to get it in summoning range within 1 minute, but I don't even think that rule is applicable anymore, and only existed to prevent DA stalling on CoTH race mobs.
I don't want to get into the back and forth nonsense about why what you said is inaccurate, maybe you're just misremembering.

This is a 20 minute long video of the MIDDLE of that engage, I have 3 other 20 minute videos I can share for before after as well as from another attempt. If you think I'm lying or cutting- you'll notice the right-side timers are the FTE 30-minute countdown timers and Lady N isn't even on the list, meaning 30 minutes past before that 20 minute video even started.
https://youtu.be/aELGR2fH00g

Again; you're somehow twisting my commentary into an attack on FRAG and/or Riot, and that isn't the case. I'm talking in generics specifically because this issue isn't unique to a single guild, it's a community issue stemming from the Raid Scene, and if people are willing to put down their tags for 2 seconds and recognize that there are serious issues that require serious discussion, regardless of tag, then maybe we can all start to enjoy this game again.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think I'm lying or cutting- you'll notice the right-side timers are the FTE 30-minute countdown timers and Lady N isn't even on the list, meaning 30 minutes past before that 20 minute video even started.
The part 2 I linked has the timers, my apologies; I overlooked those, meaning this was before the final attempt which was another 15 minutes from this point so approximately 45 minutes total, give or take just from this FTE alone.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The part 2 I linked has the timers, my apologies; I overlooked those, meaning this was before the final attempt which was another 15 minutes from this point so approximately 45 minutes total, give or take just from this FTE alone.
There’s a major difference between your strawman and the zexlak blocker. Rito did not even attempt to kill the last mob. Ritos opponents were forbidden from killing the blocker. Both situations caused by rito.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s a major difference between your strawman and the zexlak blocker. Rito did not even attempt to kill the last mob. Ritos opponents were forbidden from killing the blocker. Both situations caused by rito.
My apologies; are you unable to grasp the concept of my posts? If so, please help me clarify so we can move past this. I'm not talking about specific raid issues here. This is the Kabull thread, not the blocker thread. Maybe I mislead by responding to someone else's post about it, and for that I apologize.

I, personally, give no shits about the targets. From Vulak to Mayor Gubbin. The raid scene is shit, and the ban did absolutely nothing to fix it. If anything; it's worse now. I provided insight into why targets get left up as well as expanding on that insight to the core purpose of this thread, in that; what is being viewed as "competition" isn't competition, but is an exercise in mental fortitude, which people are starting to leave the community over.

I shouldn't have brought up the Lady N, I just wanted to reiterate that, yet again speaking in generics; Both guilds are guilty of doing the same thing, as a response to someone else. If that digressed from my core point, then let's just say you win and we can move on.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
My apologies; are you unable to grasp the concept of my posts? If so, please help me clarify so we can move past this. I'm not talking about specific raid issues here. This is the Kabull thread, not the blocker thread. Maybe I mislead by responding to someone else's post about it, and for that I apologize.

I, personally, give no shits about the targets. From Vulak to Mayor Gubbin. The raid scene is shit, and the ban did absolutely nothing to fix it. If anything; it's worse now. I provided insight into why targets get left up as well as expanding on that insight to the core purpose of this thread, in that; what is being viewed as "competition" isn't competition, but is an exercise in mental fortitude, which people are starting to leave the community over.

I shouldn't have brought up the Lady N, I just wanted to reiterate that, yet again speaking in generics; Both guilds are guilty of doing the same thing, as a response to someone else. If that digressed from my core point, then let's just say you win and we can move on.
But it’s not the same thing. Keeping up a mob that only you can kill until your opponent can’t pull numbers is the opposite of engaging a mob with the knowledge that you will be at a disadvantage once it does. Choosing to kill the last blocker in the previous Vulak meta was a disadvantage but something that has to be done or nobody has a shot at Vulak.

Surely you can see why your example doesn’t actually align with what we saw yesterday.
Closed Thread