Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You literally just described the mechanics of Everquest and are surprised that the metagame shifted towards an in-system adjustment towards its end-game.

This mother fucker needs Jesus.
What are you even talking about? Only allowing 2 mages has nothing to do with the mechanics of everquest. Not allowing characters designated as "trackers" get FTE has nothing to do with the mechanics of everquest. Restricting what buffs racers can use (or races themselves) have nothing to do with the mechanics of everquest. limiting the number of mobs a guild can engage at once has nothing to do with the mechanics of everquest. Imaginary lines that only a certain number of players can cross have nothing to do with the mechanics of everquest. restricting where raids are allowed to kill a mob has nothing to do with the mechanics of everquest. I could go on...

Nothing I was talking about has to do with the mechanics, it all has to do with a succession of staff imposed rules that aren't actually updated or compiled in full anywhere that I know of, and seem to change depending on the whim of which particular member of the staff you're dealing with.

You know when the server rules were simple? No-CSR VP, and I'd argue that was also one of the most fun and popular raid eras on this server. Even in classic / kunark, raid petitions where pretty much limited to blatant trains... because there weren't a myriad of esoteric rules people could debate over endlessly.

Want to fix the raid scene? Scrub the rule book clean, enforce things already in the PNP (e.g. no training), and make minor adjustments if/when they arise and are necessary. Continuing to pile new rules onto a system spanning multiple game eras and server staff only adds more fuel to the petition-quest fire.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:49 PM
Banned

Protip: Everyone who has discord installed on their computer has no money in the bank

Hope this helps
Old 12-27-2020, 11:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Protip: Everyone who has discord installed on their computer has no money in the bank

Hope this helps
Too real. I need you to apologize. The holidays are hard enough as it is...
Old 12-28-2020, 12:13 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
merry lonely christmas and happy lonely new year
it's a hard time of the year.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:07 AM
Banned

I'm sure quarterly Fantasy Football rotations will fix the issue.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure quarterly Fantasy Football rotations will fix the issue.
At least we aren't getting the full rotations Riot was pushing for. I can live with 4x per year, though I think we'd be smarter to land them during holiday weeks going forward.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

I have no idea what p99 is like these days, but I'm sure its not fun and I'm even more sure that to make ToV fun again you just need to do these 5 things:

Bring back binding in zone
Unroot dragons
Unnerf recharges and cast times for bladestopper etc.
Delete range limitations for agro
Make it no-csr

If you've only been in ToV since *any* of those first 4 things were changed, I promise you we used to have a lot more fun.

Also maybe blow open a wall somewhere and make some custom wing with harder content but that's a heavy lift.
Old 12-28-2020, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea what p99 is like these days, but I'm sure its not fun and I'm even more sure that to make ToV fun again you just need to do these 5 things:

Unroot dragons
Make it no-csr

If you've only been in ToV since *any* of those first 4 things were changed, I promise you we used to have a lot more fun.

Also maybe blow open a wall somewhere and make some custom wing with harder content but that's a heavy lift.
Thank you grandpa, time for your nap now.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unroot dragons
Make it no-csr

Shut up... just shut the hell up. You had me at unrooted dragons. <3
Old 02-06-2021, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Just a bump to remind people Kabull made the drusellar camp like 15-18hrs a day long, and is a scumbag.
Closed Thread