Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-11-2022, 03:42 PM
Kobold

the top 2 guilds (Vanq and Riot) are incredibly cutthroat, tons of bad blood and well documented shady activity on both sides.

If you want a good guild that tries to follow both the rules and the "spirit" of play nice, you'd want to join Kittens.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanquish has a great reputation
do they really? I saw a video of them on Youtube getting trained a week ago?? Because of being in Vanquish? I can never tell when people on here are being sarcastic tho, so maybe you are being fr lol
Old 12-12-2022, 09:25 AM
Aviak

Really only one option guild wise if you want to compete for your pixels and that guild is Vanquish. Kittens and Riot will offer you other competitive options as well but are more casual in that they'd rather turn the raid scene into a full rotation/draft. So really the question is, would you rather earn your pixels or get them free?
Old 12-12-2022, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do they really? I saw a video of them on Youtube getting trained a week ago?? Because of being in Vanquish? I can never tell when people on here are being sarcastic tho, so maybe you are being fr lol
A trio of Axioms refused to group with my wizard, claiming it was due to a bard of the same (Vanquish) guild tag which had be causing zone disruption attempting to kite spiders in Velks.

I did a lot of AoEing spiders in Velks on green without ever really running in to problems with other users of the zone, so I was disappointed to read reports of AOEing Velks being troublesome on blue. I didn't press any further to try work out if the claims were substantive, or who the accused was. My apologies to any Vanq bigwigs reading who may have wanted such info.

This is the only time I've been refused a group on account of a guild tag btw.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Banned

<Sanctuary>

On red
Old 12-12-2022, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Like anything really just avoid the politics. Vanquish is a lot of fun and there are plenty of friendly people willing to help you learn how to raid and be prepared for engages. Riot too, plenty of good people who would help you.

Avoid the ones who hold grudges over dumb video game drama /nod, and don't take advice from the usual rnf trolls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-13-2022, 04:04 PM
Banned

Why are you playing on the server with daily, consistently lower population op?
Old 12-13-2022, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you playing on the server with daily, consistently lower population op?
Was one of the first high level characters on green. Sold multiple FBSS for 20K back in the day. But see I didn’t know about P99 at all. For about 20 years I would lay in bed at night day dreaming about EQ before I fell asleep.

Discovered P99 around the time green launched. The last 6 months I played there the server felt completely dead. Kunark was over a year away if I recall. I found myself still longing to relive my childhood memories.

A lot of that was longing to experience zones in Kunark and even Velious. Got tired of waiting, so I started on Blue, and had some fun. Mischief TLP came out. Played it for about a year.

Come back to P99 and hear a new server is coming out soon and ultimately concluded that I would have a better experience playing on blue instead of green this close to the merge, and the likely possibility that nothing I do on any server will matter in the immediate future since I will almost certainly be playing on the new server once it launches.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:13 PM
Banned

I see. Good answer actually.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenbeanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW LOL