Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-10-2022, 10:50 PM
Banned

Default What guilds are good on the blue server?

My dude is getting close to level 50 and I've been getting random messages from people I don't even know asking if I want to join they guild. And I'm like, scared I'll end up joining a guild that sucks, or a guild that has a terrible reputation and then everyone ends up hating me.

I seriously don't know the drama surrounding the guilds on Blue.

I used to know all the drama with guilds on Green before Kunark launched. I remember joining Venerate and it being one of the worst online gaming experiences I've ever had in my entire life. I was randomly thinking about it this morning, how this dude was cursing me out 2 hours after I joined because they demanded I come to a raid that I wasn't even aware of because ... I just joined the guild. I didn't even want to go because I just got the camp in Guk where the dude drops the SMR, and I really didn't want to abandon it to go on a PoF raid (let's keep it real, no Cleric armor drops in PoF really).

So I get there, and this dude demands I give him a symbol and I just explain to him that I don't have any peridots, and he calls me a liar and then starts raging at me about how I've known about this raid for months now and how I should have been prepared and then he calls me a liar etc.

Like I've never had someone talk to me like that in my entir elife, not at a job, not in a video game etc.

It reminded me of how a slave owner would speak to a slave back in the 1800s or something, it was surreal, it's like wait, who the fuck are you talking to? That would get your teeth slapped out of your skull if you talked to anyone that way IRL, and here you are, raging at some dude you don't even know on a 20+ year old non-competitive video game after your guild spent 2 weeks begging him to join.

Good lord that shit still has me triggered. Even the most competitive WoW guilds in the world don't talk to people like that.

tl;dr What guilds are good on the blue server?
Old 12-10-2022, 11:25 PM
Banned

Vanquish has a great reputation
Old 12-11-2022, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Vanquish and Riot are the two top raiding guilds if your goal is to experience the highest of content and be a part of the competitive raid scene. Kittens would be next down the line if you want something a little more casual but still want to experience some of the high end raid scene (mostly on quakes). After that would be TSS and then any of the guilds that are part of the Sanctum alliance.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

you cannot expect everyone to be super nice and friendly, especially with the top 2 raiding guilds when the main focus is to win targets. this means they expect you to do the right thing and fuck things up for others

if you dont have thick skins, a casual raiding or casual/family guilds may fit you better
Old 12-11-2022, 07:19 AM
Fire Giant

*not fuck things up*
Old 12-11-2022, 09:46 AM
Banned

>good
>blue server

pick one
Old 12-11-2022, 10:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2022, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>good
>blue server

pick one
Old 12-11-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Blue_Guilds might be a little out of date (when guilds die they often don't bother removing themselves), but it's a good overview of what's out there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

If knocking teeth out is a common solution to problems, I know a place for you